We are now accepting applications for our September 2019 programs so please register to attend one of our APPD Information/Intake Sessions through this link.
The Job Preparation option provides an opportunity for students to investigate and prepare for future work and academic opportunities. They will identify options for involvement in campus, community and work settings. Students will build essential skills through a combination of employment-oriented classroom instruction and monitored work experience.
How much does Job Preparation cost?
Students pay an application fee pf $40, plus moderate program fees (approximately $1,100). In some cases, various government ministries may pay a portion of these costs. This program is defined as adult upgrading and students may be eligible for the Adult Upgrading Grant.
Where is Job Preparation offered?
The Job Preparation option is offered on the Langley, Richmond and Surrey campuses.
How do I apply?
Register to attend one of our APPD Information Sessions - register here.
What are the program entrance requirements?
- Graduation from a BC secondary school (or meet KPU's mature student status - 19+)
- Permanent disability or combination of learning difficulties that hinder scholastic success
- Ability to navigate community and campus safely and independently
- Evidence of previous successful independent work experience
- Satisfactory assessment of English proficiency
- Interview with faculty