You have missed our APPD Information/Intake Sessions for September 2018 but we still have seats available. See contact details below.
What is the Work Exploration Option?
The Work Exploration option encourages students to explore work and continuous learning opportunities. They will increase independence in campus, community and work settings. Students will also develop essential skills through participation in a combination of employment-oriented classroom instruction and monitored work experience.
How long is this Option?
The Work Exploration Option is a 10 month full-time program with both class content and work experience assignments. September - June.
How much does it cost?
Students pay an application fee to Kwantlen, plus moderate program fees. In some cases, various government ministries may pay a portion of these costs. This program is defined as adult upgrading and students may be eligible for the Adult Upgrading Grant.
Where is it offered?
The Work Exploration Option is offered on the Langley, Richmond and Surrey campuses.
How do I apply?
To initiate the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Bryn Poirier by calling 604-599-3095.
What are the program entrance requirements?
- Graduation from a BC secondary school or the equivalent (or meet KPU's mature student status - 19+)
- Permanent disability or combination of learning difficulties that hinder scholastic success
- Ability to navigate community and campus safely and independently
- Evidence of previous successful independent work experience
- Satisfactory assessment of English proficiency
- Interview with APPD faculty