We are now accepting applications for September 2019 so please register for one of our APPD Information/Intake Sessions.
What is the Work Exploration Option?
The Work Exploration option encourages students to explore work and continuous learning opportunities. They will increase independence in campus, community and work settings. Students will also develop essential skills through participation in a combination of employment-oriented classroom instruction and monitored work experience.
How long is this Option?
The Work Exploration Option is a 10 month full-time program with both class content and work experience assignments. September - June.
How much does it cost?
Students pay an application fee of $40, plus moderate program fees (approximately $1,100). In some cases, various government ministries may pay a portion of these costs. This program is defined as adult upgrading and students may be eligible for the Adult Upgrading Grant.
Where is it offered?
The Work Exploration Option is offered on the Langley, Richmond and Surrey campuses.
How do I apply?
Register to attend one of our APPD Information Sessions - register here.
What are the program entrance requirements?
- Graduation from a BC secondary school (or meet KPU's mature student status - 19+)
- Permanent disability or combination of learning difficulties that hinder scholastic success
- Ability to navigate community and campus safely and independently
- Evidence of previous successful independent work experience
- Satisfactory assessment of English proficiency
- Interview with APPD faculty