What is the Work Exploration Option?
The Work Exploration option provides information to students about the basic expectations of competitive entry-level work. Students will participate in classes and have the opportunite to explore a variety of work experiences.
How long is this Option?
The Work Exploration Option is a 10 month full-time program with both class content and work experience assignments.
How much does it cost?
Students pay an application fee to Kwantlen, plus moderate program fees. In some cases, various government ministries may pay a portion of these costs. This program is defined as adult upgrading and students may be eligible for the Adult Upgrading Grant.
Where is it offered?
The Work Exploration Option is offered on the Langley, Richmond and Surrey campuses.
How do I apply?
To initiate the application process, please attend an Information/Intake Session at your preferred campus. To register for an Information/Intake Session, visit kpu.ca/aca/appd.
What are the program entrance requirements?
- Graduation from a BC secondary school or the equivalent (or meet KPU's mature student status - 19+)
- Permanent disability or combination of learning difficulties that hinder scholastic success
- Ability to navigate community and campus safely and independently
- Evidence of previous successful independent work experience
- Satisfactory assessment of English proficiency
- Interview with faculty