- What information should I have available in order to complete my application for admission to KPU?
- Can international students apply to KPU online?
- Will KPU continue to provide paper applications?
- Am I able to submit multiple applications to the same term?
- I want to revisit my online application. What if I forget the password or user ID?
- How can I find out the status of my application to KPU?
- What if I don’t meet KPU’s undergraduate English proficiency requirement for admission to a Faculty?
- Does KPU’s English proficiency requirement apply to all applicants?
- Can I take courses at KPU while completing my English upgrading?
- What are KPU’s Faculties?
- What if I can’t decide on a program of study?
- What if I'm interested in becoming an apprentice or enrolling in Continuing/Professional Studies?
- What if I meet the criteria for classification in more than one category?
- I don’t have a credential in mind and just want to take a few courses at KPU. In which category would I be classified?
- Are there additional admission requirements to certain programs?
- Does KPU charge an application fee?
- What methods of payment does KPU accept for the application fee?
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Legal names
- Date of birth
- Permanent mailing address
- Primary telephone number
- Email address
- Names and dates of high schools attended
- Names and dates of post-secondary institutions attended
- What you plan to study
- Term or start date you would like to begin
KPU requires an application fee, so applicants will also need a credit card. Note that you will have five minutes to enter credit card information on the Submit and Pay page at the end of the form. BACK TO TOP
Yes. Prospective students from anywhere in the world can apply to KPU online. BACK TO TOP
No. KPU’s new application process is completely online to ensure a more user-friendly and efficient process. It offers guidance and tips throughout the entire application process, and allows you to save and return to your incomplete application at a later time. At any point in the application process, you can contact KPU's Future Students' Office and someone from our team can help you over the phone or set up an in-person visit at a KPU campus for assistance. You're also welcome to submit an application for admission using one of our onsite computer terminals. BACK TO TOP
KPU accepts one application for admission per term. When selecting what you wish to study, there is the option of indicating two choices within the online application, thereby eliminating the need to submit multiple applications. If you submit an application and decide you would like to make a change before an admission decision has been communicated to you, please send a request from your provided KPU student email address to email@example.com. BACK TO TOP
From the login page, click on “Forgot user ID or password?” to retrieve your user ID and reset your password. BACK TO TOP
You can check your status online anytime through Online Self-Service. You will be provided details on how to go about doing this once you’ve submitted your application. If you would like to speak to someone about the status of your application, contact the Office of Admissions. BACK TO TOP
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY CHANGES
We’ve changed our undergraduate English proficiency requirement in order to better support student success. A grade of C+ in English 12 or an equivalent high school course or level of proficiency is now required for admission to undergraduate studies. BACK TO TOP
If you didn’t achieve a C+ in English 12, an equivalent high school course or level of proficiency, you can satisfy KPU’s English proficiency requirement in a number of other ways, including equivalency courses and testing options. For a full list of ways to satisfy this requirement, refer to the university calendar.
BACK TO TOP
It varies by program. English is the primary language of study at KPU, and therefore all applicants need to demonstrate the appropriate level of English language proficiency for their undergraduate, vocational or preparatory area of study. While the undergraduate English proficiency requirement for open intakes is a grade of C+ in English 12 (or equivalent), the English proficiency requirement for vocational or preparatory studies varies by program. Visit the individual program pages in the university calendar for details.
BACK TO TOP
PATHWAY TO UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES
KPU is a proudly open-access institution. Applicants who are required to upgrade their English proficiency in order to pursue undergraduate studies may do so while taking a limited number of undergraduate courses. This is called the Pathway to Undergraduate Studies, and it allows students who are clear about their interest in pursuing an undergraduate program to develop an affinity to their intended Faculty while KPU provides the scaffolding to address their English proficiency needs. BACK TO TOP
Yes – that’s the whole point of the Pathway to Undergraduate Studies. As a student of the Pathway, you can complete your upgrading through our Faculty of Academic and Career Advancement (ACA) while taking certain undergraduate courses made available through our other Faculties. So, for example, if you’ve been admitted to Business, you can begin pursuing your Business courses at the same time as you complete your English upgrading. Visit kpu.ca/pathway for more information. BACK TO TOP
Students who were formerly admitted to a credential will now be admitted to a Faculty. This is consistent with the practice at other universities.
There are seven:
- Academic and Career Advancement
- Science and Horticulture
- Trades & Technology
KPU offers undergraduate studies in the Faculties of Arts, Business, Design, Health, Science & Horticulture and Trades & Technology.
KPU offers vocational programs in the Faculties of Health and Trades & Technology.
University upgrading and access program options are available through our Faculty of Academic and Career Advancement. BACK TO TOP
Not a problem. Simply select “exploratory/undecided” when you are applying for admission and once you have been admitted, you can choose from a wide variety of coursework in your first year until you determine the area of study you wish to focus on. As you explore, our advisors can work with you to help you determine what program might be best for you. BACK TO TOP
In keeping with the classification process in place at other B.C. universities, KPU identifies applicants for admission in the following ways:
- High school
There are also other ways to enrol at KPU for applicants who don't fall into the above categories:
- Apprentices: In partnership with the Industry Training Authority, (ITA) KPU provides training to established apprentices.
- Concurrent: BC secondary school students who would like to register in courses at KPU may be eligible as a concurrent student.
- Continuing/Professional Studies: Students at all stages of learning may access educational offerings part-time, evenings, weekends and online through KPU’s Continuing/Professional Studies division.
- Exchange: Students from approved partner institutions may be eligible to come to KPU as an exchange student.
- General Interest: Non-credential-seeking students may be eligible to attend KPU as a general interest student and complete up to 12 credits before being required to satisfy admission requirements.
- Visiting: Non-credential-seeking students who have a letter of permission from their home institution may spend up to one year studying at KPU. BACK TO TOP
You will be classified in the category that takes into account all of your previous academic experience in order to best support your academic success while at KPU. BACK TO TOP
You may be interested in enrolling as a General Interest student. General Interest students do not need to apply via KPU’s online application process for a complete assessment of admissibility. Instead, General Interest students have the ability to register in courses as space allows. General Interest students can take up to 12 credits (3-4 courses) before they are required to apply for admission to KPU, or request to continue under KPU’s special entry category. Refer to the Admissions Guide for more information. BACK TO TOP
Yes. The application fee is $40 for domestic students, and $120 for international students. BACK TO TOP
KPU accepts the following credits cards for payment of the application fee: VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. We also accept VISA Debit and VISA Gift Cards as a method of payment. BACK TO TOP