Click here for the nomination form.
Please note that all nominations from 2018 will be reviewed in 2019.
Since 2007, Kwantlen Polytechnic University Alumni Association and KPU have recognized many deserving KPU alumni through the Alumni Awards Program. Kwantlen Polytechnic University alumni, students, employees, faculty, and members of the community are invited to nominate candidates who may have demonstrated excellence in their respective fields.
The purpose of these awards is to recognize KPU Alumni who have enhanced the reputation of the university through their outstanding career, public service, community service, athletic, arts and culture, or academic achievements.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University alumni, students, employees, faculty, and members of the community are invited to nominate candidates for the Distinguished Alumni Awards. Nominees must be former Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Kwantlen University College or Kwantlen College students from any of our programs. These alumni may have demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas and significant contributions on a regional, national, or international level will also be considered:
- Professional, business or industry –in professional or career endeavours. These achievements include, but are not limited to fields of business, social services, sciences, or the professions.
- Arts and culture –in the fine, performing or applied arts.
- Athletics –accomplishments in and/or service toward professional or amateur sport.
- Public service –in the field of public administration and policy development or service in elected or appointed positions at local, provincial, national or international levels.
- Community Service –service and/or contributions to the welfare and advancement of local, national or international communities.
- Academics – in the field of education, including research, teaching, program development and/or educational administration.
Conditions of Nomination:
- Nominees must be aware of the nomination and sign the nomination form, accepting that their name, photo and credentials may be published in various media prior to and after the event.
- The candidate(s) selected to receive the Distinguished Alumni Awards must attend the awards presentation to receive the award except in the case of an unexpected emergency or illness
- Nominees must be living alumni. Posthumous recognition will not be granted unless extraordinary circumstances warrant such consideration
- Although there will be no geographical limitations for award candidates, the University will not provide travel allowances/honorariums for award recipients to receive their awards
- If not chosen for an award in a given year, nominations will be retained on file for two years and brought forward each year for further consideration. The nominator is responsible for updating supporting information as appropriate. (Only applies to Outstanding Young and Distinguished Alumni Award applications)
- Current Alumni Board of Directors are not eligible to be nominated
- Late submissions will not be eligible for this year’s award but will be held on file for consideration for the next two years
- The Alumni Office will protect the privacy and confidentiality of the names of nominees
- All nominations must be received by April 15, 2019
- Recognizes KPU alumni demonstrating excellence in one or more of the following areas - Professional, Arts and Culture, Athletics, Public Service, Community and/or Volunteer Service, Academics and/or Research, Entrepreneurial or Innovation, Applied Technology, or Exemplified resilience in the face of adversity. Significant contributions on a regional, national, or international level would also be considered.
2. Outstanding Young Alumni (View past Outstanding Young Alumni Award winner)
- Recognizes KPU alumni who are under 30 years old at the time of nomination.
- Have demonstrated excellence professionally and/or through community service.
- Involvement with KPU or alumni activities since graduation will be considered an asset.
3. Future Alumni (Awarded to a current student at the discretion of the Student Leadership Awards Selection Committee)
- Recognizes future KPU Alumni who are KPU students at the time of applications.
- Have demonstrated excellence through education/service at KPU or in the community.
Awards in each category may not be granted every year. The KPU Alumni Association will qualify the number of recipients for the awards each year.