There are several sources of funding available to all KPU students via the KPU Foundation office. Also check for funding available through the Student Educational Enhancement Fund.
There are also research awards available to all KPU students via the Office of Research and Scholarship.
Within Psychology, there are two types of awards available to Psychology majors. Students do not have to apply for these awards. Instead, the Psychology department nominates students to receive the awards.
(1) KPU Endowed Psychology Scholarships
Five (5) annual awards (one per student):
- $1,000.00 to the Psychology Honours Student with the highest GPA;
- $1,000.00 to the student with the highest GPA, who has declared as a Psychology major, and who has a minimum of 91 credits;
- $1,000.00 to the student with the highest GPA, who has declared as a Psychology major, and who has between 60-90 credits;
- $1,000.00 to the student with a minimum GPA of 2.0, who has declared as a Psychology major, and who has the greatest service to the Department of Psychology;
- $1,000.00 to the student who has declared as a Psychology major, with the greatest financial need, as determined by SAFA.
(2) CPA Honours Thesis Award. The Psychology department nominates up to three Honours students each June to receive a certificate of excellence from the Canadian Psychological Association.
Students interested in further study and graduate school can augment their knowledge and skills by taking an honours option. This involves taking two six credit courses - PSYC 5000 (Honours Thesis I) and PSYC 5010 (Honours Thesis II). The honours option is taken in addition to the 120 credits required for a BA Psychology or a BAA Psychology degree but can be taken within the degree framework for BSc, Applied Psychology students.
The deadline for the Honours Program for Fall 2018 is Friday, March 2, 2018.
Info for Practicum Psych 4000
Psychology Degree Information
The following degrees in psychology are offered in KPU:
Bachelor of Arts, Major in Psychology
Bachelor of Applied Arts, Major in Psychology
Bachelor of Science, Major in Applied Psychology
If you would like more information about these degrees, please visit: kpu.ca/arts/psychology/psychology-programs
Last Updated: August 30, 2017