The Diploma of Arts degree is an exit credential which lays a foundation for further study. This credential provides a rigorous grounding in the Arts that prepares students for employment, global citizenship and helps students develop critical thinking skills and a sense of social engagement.
The Faculty's Admission Requirements, which consist of KPU's undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement, apply to this program.
This diploma includes 60 semester credit hours in university level studies including the following courses.
- Six credits of first-year English
- Any other eight courses with university transfer credit
Any other ten university studies courses including two chosen from the following disciplines:
- Creative Writing or English at the 2000 level,
- Music (with the exception of private lessons),
- Political Science, and
- Sociology at the 1200 level or higher.
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to receive a Diploma in Arts.
At a Glance
Faculty of Arts
- Open intake
Minimum Credits Required:
Curriculum Effective Date: