Business Management: Certificate
The one-year Business Management Certificate Program will provide individuals with an opportunity to expand their knowledge of business management principles and improve skills in specialized areas of interest. The 10-course program emphasizes real world business applications in key functional areas of management.
The Faculty's Admission Requirements, which consist of KPU's undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement, apply to this program.
Students must take seven Business Management (BUSI) courses, ACCT 1130 or BUQU 1130, and two elective courses from the list below.
|ACCT 1110||Introductory Financial Accounting I||3 credits|
|BUQU 1230||Business Statistics||3 credits|
|BUSI 1215||Organizational Behaviour||3 credits|
|BUSI 2315||Human Relations in Organizations||3 credits|
|BUSI 2405||Operations Management*||3 credits|
|CBSY 1105||Introductory Computer Applications||3 credits|
|CBSY 2205||Management Information Systems||3 credits|
|ECON 1101||Foundations of Economics‡||3 credits|
|ECON 1150||Principles of Microeconomics||3 credits|
|MRKT 1199||Introduction to Marketing||3 credits|
* The 30 credit prerequisite requirement for BUSI 2405 is waived for students enrolled in the Business Management Certificate Program. Students must contact the Dean's office for waivers prior to registration.
‡ Credit for ECON 1101 will not be granted if taken after ECON 1150.
Recommended Course Progression Sequence (Full-Time)
The following sample schedule will assist students who wish to complete the Business Management Certificate Program in one year. Students may choose different Business Management courses than those shown in order to meet their own specific needs—as long as at least seven BUSI courses are ultimately completed.
- BUQU 1130 Business Mathematics
- BUSI 1110 Fundamentals of Business in Canada
- BUSI 1210 Essentials of Management
- BUSI 1250 Human Resources Management I
- BUSI 2390 Business Law
- BUSI 1215 Organizational Behaviour
- BUSI 2465 Business Negotiations
- BUSI 2490 International Business
- Two Electives
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to receive a Certificate in Business Management.
At a Glance
School of Business
- Open intake
Minimum Credits Required:
Curriculum Effective Date: