Foundations in Design
Foundations in Design is a one year (2 semester) certificate program that will develop your skills and your understanding of Design as a Career. Explore the diverse options open to the design professional, and grow your skills with hands on projects. This program gives you the opportunity to focus your studies in a creative environment lead by design professionals. Study fundamental design skills such as drawing, 2D and 3D design plus develop methods in the creative process essential to your success. Complete your year with a dynamic portfolio of work that will open the door to future studies in any number of design disciplines.
In this section
Students who excel in the FIND program are:
• curious about how things work
• often build and dismantle things to understand them
• wonder how rooms and public spaces best serve the people who use them
• like photography or drawing
• look at magazines to see how fonts, colours and shapes are used
• play with fabrics to create new looks
• dream of how the new iPhone or a new car could look
If you can relate to any or all of the above, the FIND program could be for you.
A career in design is a lifelong journey and yours can start with FIND. Designers are found in many industries creating everything from furniture to fashion, gadgets and sports equipment, branding, websites, publishing and the built environment. With the completion of the FIND certificate, graduates often seek further design education to find a design-related career.
The possibilities are many:
• Fashion design
• Graphic design
• Interior design
• Product design
• Digital technologyInterface design
• Window Display
• Environmental Design
• Design Management
• Museum Design
• Lighting Design
• Event Design
• Publication Design
...and many more.