English Language Studies
English Language Studies helps students whose first language is not English to gain proficiency in the English language for academic, career, and general purposes.
English Language Preparatory Courses prepare students at lower levels to enter the Diploma program. Students may begin English Language Preparatory Courses at any level based on testing placement results. Courses are offered in intensive seven-week sessions and in a thirteen-week semester.
- ELSQ 0015 Basic English Communication
- ELSQ 0021 Introductory Reading and Writing
- ELSQ 0023 Introductory Listening and Speaking
- ELSQ 0031 Pre-Foundation Reading and Writing
- ELSQ 0033 Pre-Foundation Listening and Speaking
The English Language Proficiency Diploma prepares students for university studies and for participation in the university community. This program can be taken full-time or part-time.