The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Entrepreneurial Leadership program prepares graduates to fill a variety of management and leadership positions that drive small and medium-sized business growth. The program also prepares graduates interested in developing and managing their own business enterprise with the skills and knowledge to do so.
Extensive consultation has been conducted with industry and business leaders to ensure that this program is applied and relevant in today's business world. Practicum, learning partnerships with business, applied projects and assignments and ongoing work experience provide students with real-life experience in industry.
This degree provides full-time and part-time intensive study options where a student can complete the program at their own pace. Many classes are scheduled after 4:00 pm and in the evening to allow students to further their education while maintaining current employment. This allows for changing outside-of-school time requirements and does not lock a student into a rigid program structure and time-frame.
Some unique features of this program are:
- Industry based practicum capstone course, learning partnerships with business, applied projects and assignments and ongoing work experience
- Focus on management of small to medium sized businesses, entrepreneurial management and management of service sector enterprises
- Professional development for individuals seeking higher level training
- Courses in Richmond and Surrey during the late afternoons and evenings for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters to ensure maximum flexibility in schedules
- Opportunities for Cooperative Education employment while earning a degree
Many of the 1000 and 2000 level foundational courses included in this program are articulated with other universities and colleges for ease of course transferability to and from KPU. Please refer to the BC Transfer Guide at www.bctransferguide.ca regarding the transferability of courses to and from specific institutions in British Columbia.
Please visit kpu.ca/business/programs-and-courses for more information on School of Business programs.
In this section
Graduates of this program find careers in enterprise development, management, and leadership in a variety of small and medium-sized business including the manufacturing and distribution, consumer goods, services, financial services, heavy equipment and not-for-profit industry sectors.
Careers range from specialist to management positions in operations, customer service, sales, project management, and business planning.
Graduates will also have gained the skills and knowledge to develop and manage their own business enterprise.