Operational Excellence - Managing Global Supply Chains the German Way
Our partner university in Germany, the University of Applied Sciences in Munich, is offering a great summer program for KPU Business students. As a KPU student, you can receive a special rate for this program if you apply through KPU. In addition to being able to take business classes abroad and go on company visits around Munich and 4 different parts of southern Germany, the experience also includes an exciting cultural program that will make your stay an unforgettable experience.
- Guided tour of Munich by bike and a visit to a traditional Munich beer garden
- Visits to nearby cities like Salzburg, Regensburg or Nuremberg
- Unique insight into German everyday life through meeting German students inside and outside of class
- Intercultural study with participants from all over the world
- Social events such as receptions and get-togethers
Potential Company Visits, Among Others
Travel Dates: July 2nd to July 14th, 2018
Program fee:1695 € (this covers tuition for all courses, company visits incl. transfers, the official cultural and social program, free internet access at the university and a welcome package)
Accommodation: 650 – 950 € (depending on the chosen category)
The following room categories are available for Munich:
- Double bedrooms at A&O Hostel: 415 € / person for 10 nights
- Single bedrooms at A&O Hostel: 725 € / person for 10 nights
- Single bedrooms at IBIS Budget: 495 € / person for 10 nights
In addition to the accommodation costs in Munich, there will be accommodation for three nights in hotels along the bus tour, which applicants will be updated with in late March.
For information on accommodation please visit here.
We are excited to share that the University of Applied Sciences in Munich has offered 2 tuition waivers for KPU students, reducing program fees from 1695 € to approximately 795 €(final amount may vary depending on accommodation).
In addition, KPU International and the School of Business have partnered to offer a limited number of scholarships to Business students to participate in this program. This scholarship totals $1000 CAD towards your program fee, accommodations, excursions, and cultural events.
All courses are taught in English by teams of two renowned lecturers from Munich University of Applied Sciences, Prof. Andre Krischke and Prof. Jürgen Spitznagel. The summer school is a two-week program intended for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students. Upon successful completion of the program, KPU students will receive 3 credits for BUSI2XXX.
- Future Supply Chain Management
- German Way of Operational Excellence
- Doing Business in Germany
See the image below for the program schedule:
For more detailed course information, please download the complete course description here.
Ready to Apply?
Apply to join us on the Munich Summer School in three easy steps:
- Print the application that can be filled and then downloaded as a generated PDF from here. Please do not submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as stated on the application page, as our office will submit all KPU applications on behalf of students.
- Write an additional statement of interest (300-500) outlining how this program fits into your personal, academic, and career goals.
- Submit the application form (printed and signed generated PDF), along with your statement of interest to KPU International by March 12th 2018.
All documents must be received by KPU International at the Surrey Campus (Cedar 1145) or Richmond Campus (Room 1400) by March 12th 2018.
Richmond Campus: R1400
Surrey Campus: Cedar 1145
Photos & Testimonials from Past Participants
"I started this program with a limited amount of knowledge about supply chain management or the German culture, and I can confidently say that I learned a much greater amount than I initially expected. Being an accounting student and not having much experience in the operations and productions field, the program was a smooth way to transition into learning about the topic. I especially enjoyed the workshops and the company visits, as they were engaging and interesting. My classmates were also very friendly and the professors were very accommodating, even with the cultural differences and individual personalities we all had. I am thankful for the way that each one of them has made the two-week program a fun learning environment.
After finishing the two-week program, I definitely started pondering about studying abroad for a more extended period of time – maybe even at the Munich University of Applied Sciences – and gaining another degree aside from my Accounting Bachelors! I even miss the pretzels and the snitchzels, and the efficiency of U-bahns and trams. Until next time…"
-Faith, Program Participant from KPU, 2014