Future Students - International
From certificates to bachelor degrees, look through the 120+ programs KPU has to offer
Find the entrance requirements for all of our programs
Find out what kind of support KPU offers international and exchange students
How to Become an International KPU Student
- Research your program of study
- Determine if you meet the English Proficiency Requirement for the University
- Review application deadlines
- Stay informed!
- Complete the Admission Process
- Receive your Offer of Admission
- Accept your Offer of Admission
- Receive your Acceptance Package
- Access your Registration Time and enroll in classes
- Attend Orientation
There are many programs at KPU for you to choose from! Research the programs you are interested in and determine if you meet the program entrance requirements at the KPU programs page.
You can meet the English Proficiency Requirements* for KPU through testing, completing high school courses, or completing post-secondary courses. Determine if you meet the requirements at kpu.ca/calendar/2015-16/ar/englishproficiency.
*Note that some programs may have higher English language requirements than the ones listed here.
|Semester||Applications Open||Early Application Deadline||Final Application Deadline|
|Fall (September)||Nov 1||Mar 1||Aug 1|
|Spring (January)||Mar 1||Aug 1||Dec 1|
|Summer (May)||July 1||Dec 1||Apr 1|
Apply online at kpu.ca/apply and pay the $120 application fee. Without payment of the $120 application fee, applications are considered incomplete and cannot be processed.
KPU accepts one application for admission per semester. You have the option of choosing up to two programs in your online application.
Once we receive your application we will send you an acknowledgement letter providing you with your KPU student number and access to myKwantlen (KPU’s online student portal) and your personal KPU email account where we will send you information about how to complete the admission process. Check this account frequently for important messages.
Once you have submitted an application to your program(s) of choice, you will need to submit your transcripts and any additional documents required for admission.
- Official transcripts of your secondary and/or postsecondary institution must be mailed directly to KPU by the issuing school. Certified translations are required when the original language is not in English or French.
- Information regarding documents required from your secondary institution can be found at kpu.ca/international/admissions-requirements
- Your official IELTS Test Report Form results. Please refer to the IELTS website for information to request results at ielts.org
- Your official TOEFL results. Log onto the ETS website at www.toefl.org to request that your results be sent to Kwantlen Polytechnic University, institution number 0157.
For other ways of meeting the English Proficiency requirement, please refer to the online calendar at kpu.ca/calendar/2015-16/ar/englishproficiency.html
Once we have received all required documents you will receive an offer of admission. Included in this offer will be a request to pay a non-refundable* confirmation deposit of $1000 for open registration programs or $1500 for limited registration programs.
*Note – the confirmation deposit is refundable only in the event that your study permit is denied by CIC.
Accept your Offer of Admission by submitting the confirmation deposit payment. You can make payment online through your myKwantlen account.
Upon receipt of the confirmation deposit we will send you an acceptance package. In this package you will receive:
- Letter of Acceptance
- Budget Sample Letter
- Immigration Letter
Once you have received your acceptance letter and immigration package from KPU, you will need to apply for your study permit right away. It is your responsibility to ensure that you apply with sufficient time to obtain a study permit. Please refer to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website for processing times and a list of required documents needed to apply for your study permit at cic.gc.ca/study
Information regarding how to access your registration time and how to register into your classes can be found here kpu.ca/registration/howto
Every semester KPU International holds a mandatory orientation session for our new students. Find out the dates and more about orientation here http://www.kpu.ca/international/orientation
Connect with KPU
Advising – Have questions? A KPU advisor can help!
Office of International Students & Scholars – Explore all the resources available for International Students.