The Certificate in Health Foundations fulfills the first-year requirements of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
For Bachelor of Science Nursing program information such as admission, curricular or declaration requirements please follow this link to the KPU Academic Calendar.
Health Foundations Information Sessions
Please consult www.kpu.ca/events for the next Information Session. Scroll down for the information session registration button.
The mission of KPU is to create exceptional learning environments committed to preparing learners for leadership, service and success. The purpose of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program reflects this mission in its commitment to educate nurses to work with individuals, families, groups and communities in a variety of settings guided by a health promotion perspective and an ethic of caring.
The goals of the program are to educate students to:
- Practice nursing with a health promotion perspective and an ethic of caring within a variety of contexts and with a diverse client population;
- Be independent, self-directed, self-motivated, and life-long learners with questioning minds and a familiarity with inquiring approaches to learning;
- Be self-reflective and accountable and make decisions for nursing practice based on different ways of knowing such as critical thinking, intuition, research and evaluation;
- Create and influence the future of nursing practice at a political, social and professional level by responding to and anticipating the changing needs of society; and
- Be prepared to meet the professional practice requirements as outlined in the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) Standards for Nursing Practice and Competencies in the context of entry-level Registered Nursing Practice in British Columbia.