Due to high demand, KPU is not currently accepting new students to Health Foundations. Please check kpu.ca/admission/deadlines-fees for further details.
Department Permission sections are reserved for students that are their last class or last semester to complete the Health Foundations program. If you fall into this category, then kindly email Harjit Dhesi at Harjit.Dhesi@kpu.ca a screenshot of all HF courses you have completed to date or are in-progress with, including transfers and those in-progress at outside institutions.
Department Permission sections for HEAL 1150, HEAL 1180, and HSCI 1115 are full.
Quick Facts about the Health Foundations (HF) Program
- The purpose of the part-time/full-time Certificate in Health Foundations (HF) Program is to provide foundational health courses which will prepare students with knowledge and skills necessary to enter the second year of a KPU nursing degree program. This is an open enrollment program with intakes in each semester. Upon application to the Health Foundations (HF), students will indicate one of two streams: Pre-nursing or pre-psychiatric nursing. Students who complete the program requirements may apply to graduate with a Certificate in Health Foundations. Through a competitive declaration process they may continue through three years of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing (BPN) degree, or they may move to another program/faculty at KPU.
Why enrol in KPU's HF Program?
- Provides options for students & success for those that choose nursing programs.
- Provides students with a solid foundation of preparatory knowledge and skills, and to expose them to healthcare roles & the healthcare system.
- Encourages multidisciplinary learning environment, which addresses competencies required by each regulatory body.
- Start Dates beginning in each semester: September, January & May. Choose when you start!