We are now booking SEC appointments for CARNA applicants up to March 2017.
Appointments dates remaining are for March 1-3 only, this information may differ from Flexreg
Please select dates within these timelines.
UPDATE: We are no longer able to offer the SEC to CARNA applicants as of April 2017, please contact CARNA directly should you wish to attend your SEC beyond March 2017.
CARNA (Alberta) Candidate Instructions:
CARNA Candidates can purchase their SEC Assessment online once they have received their Notice of Referral email from our office. Instructions on how to purchase an assessment fee are explained in detail below under "Booking Instructions". Appointments are scheduled up to three months in advance and sold in monthly increments. The cost of your SEC Assessment will depend on the type of assessment required. A General Medical/Surgical Assessment is $1,225 plus GST. If you are referred for a General Medical/Surgical Assessment the course to search for is PNUR 9005. All fees are non-refundable/non-transferable so only purchase an assessment fee once you are ready to commit. Please refer to your Notice of Referral email for details on the type of SEC Assessment you are required to undertake and details of the SEC. If you are not referred for a General Medical/Surgical Assessment, please contact our office via email at email@example.com or call 604-599-2144 to inquire about details. Further details regarding our location, what to bring to the appointment, etc. can be found on this website under the heading "The Assessment Centre", please scroll down to view.
Booking your assessment is a two-step process. Please ensure you have the "Notice of Referral" email from the BC IEN Assessment Service before paying fees, this is in addition to the notification sent from CARNA. If you are unsure, contact our office via email before purchasing an assessment fee.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR PURCHASING AN ASSESSMENT FEE:
- Please scroll down the page and click on the ‘Register Now” button on this page of the website after you have reviewed all the instructions.
- This will redirect you to the FLEXreg website.
- Enter the course PNUR 9005 (General Medical/Surgical Assessment Fees) in the search box if your referral is for a General Medical/Surgical.
- All available options will be shown on the left side of the screen.
- Seats are only sold in monthly increments, specific dates available are noted above in bold or contact our office via email.
- You will need to email our office after payment is made to advise that you have purchased a seat.
- If the month that you wish to book does not show up then it is currently not available and you should check back at a later date or select an alternate month.
- Additional months are automatically released as they become available, up to three months in advance.
- If the month you wish to book shows 0 seats available then that month is now sold out and you will need to choose an alternate month that does have availability.
- Select which monthly course you wish to purchase and press the "add course" to add to your cart.
- Click on the "Register" button on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Click on the "Create New Account" button or if you already have a KPU student number enter it here.
- Enter your personal information (must have the same name as your referral).
- Click on the "Submit" button to register your profile.
- The system will give you your username and password WRITE THIS INFORMATION DOWN FOR REFERENCE BEFORE PROCEEDING as this will not be provided later
- Follow the prompts on the screen to pay the fees and complete the transaction.
- You can only pay the fees using VISA or Mastercard Only.
- Visa/Mastercard Debit cards will not work on the system.
- You will need to use a computer to buy a seat, mobile phones will not work.
If you experience error messages while trying to create your profile only, please call the KPU Help Desk at 604-599-2116 for assistance. This is not the BC IEN Assessment Service, the Help Desk is only able to assist with technical difficulties related to steps 7-11 above.
This grey box with the red circle below is the register now button - CLICK ON THIS BOX TO BE REDIRECTED TO FLEXREG
- A receipt should be automatically emailed to you. If this does not occur, please contact the CPS office at 604-599-2020 option 1 to have a receipt reissued.
- Once you pay the fees, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment even if you did not receive the receipt.
- The email should contain the receipt for your assessment (if received), write your CARNA file number in the subject line of the email, include the type of assessment required and your preferred dates for assessment.
- You will receive a return email from the BC IEN Assessment Service promptly, typical response time is 24-48 hours depending on email volume to either confirm your dates or offer you the next available date if your chosen dates are not available.
- All bookings are first come, first served.
Questions? Please email the BC IEN Assessment office at email@example.com or call 604-599-2144
The Assessment Centre:
Please report to the front desk at the BC IEN Assessment Service according to the time stated in your confirmation email from our office, in room 1853 South Building, on the ground floor. Please have your valid government issued picture ID ready, the name on your ID must match your CARNA referral. PLEASE NOTE: CELL PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE BC IEN ASSESSMENT SERVICE, NO EXCEPTIONS. A courtesy phone is available on site. A fridge and a microwave are available for candidates. You may bring your own lunch or purchase food from the cafeteria. All personal belongings will be secured in lockers during your assessment. You may bring water into the examination room. Pencils, pens, calculators, and paper are all supplied by the BC IEN Assessment Service.
During your visit to the BC IEN Assessment Service, you will complete a self-assessment supplied by the BC IEN Assessment Service at the time of your visit. Please refer to your Notice of Assessment email for how to prepare for this.
The centre features a small library containing nursing related literature. Candidates can borrow these books for up to 2 weeks and can renew if required.
KPU does not offer onsite accommodation however; we do have a preferred rate with the Best Western Hotel located within walking distance.
Please contact the hotel directly at 1-888-530-9311 and request the KPU University Preferred Corporate Rate. This information is attached to your confirmation email.
If you are checking out of the hotel on your last day of the SEC Assessment and have luggage you need to store while attending the SEC appointment, we have room at the BC IEN Assessment Service.
How to Find Us:
Suite 1853 - 20901 Langley Bypass
Our suite is located in the south building of the Langley campus, ground floor at the far end.
Directions from the Vancouver International Airport (available through Google Maps):
- Head northwest on Grant McConachie Way E
- Slight right onto the ramp to BC-99 S/Seattle/City Centre/Richmond
- Continue onto Sea Island Way
- Merge onto BC-99 S via the ramp to Victoria/Seattle
- Continue on BC-99 S (thru the George Massey Tunnel)
- Take exit 37 for BC-91 E toward Delta/Surrey
- Merge onto BC-91
- Take exit 1 toward Surrey
- Merge onto BC-10 E
- Stay on BC-10 E and it becomes the Langley Bypass at the intersection of 192 St.
- Stay on the Langley Bypass and follow the road to Glover Road
- Go through the intersection of Langley Bypass and Glover Road and KPU is on your right side
Pay parking is available on campus and parking meters are located throughout the campus, please remember your stall number and/or license plate. The meters take coins or credit card only and rates are subject to change. Lot L5 is the closest parking lot to our suite.