"My horticulture instructors were supportive, informative and hugely helpful in every endeavor. I thank them so much for sharing their knowledge, and for caring about all of their students." - Brianne – Graduate
Kwantlen 's Landscape Horticulture Systems Graduates can:
- Identify and specify all living landscape elements including soil to CNLA, ANSI and other national and industry Standards.
- Install and maintain all aspects of landscaped areas using standard and ecological approaches to improve ecosystem services
- Provide creative design solutions for private and small commercial gardens
- Implement Integrated Pest Management and ecological programs for plant health
- Safely operate and maintain landscape equipment and power tools
- Manage and administer multiple aspects of landscape businesses and departments.
All applicants must satisfy KPU’s Admission Requirements. For complete details please follow this link to the University Calendar.
Tuition and Program Costs
- Kwantlen offers many scholarships, awards, bursaries and information on other funding options. Visit our Scholarships and Awards website for more information on a wide range of financial assistance and awards programs available to Kwantlen students.
- Students returning to school from the workforce may be eligible for Employment and Social Development Canada sponsorship. Contact your local Employment Centre for details on eligibility www.esdc.gc.ca
Opportunities for Further Studies
Students completing their Diploma program, can continue their horticulture education with the Bachelor of Horticulture Science degree programs in either Plant Health or Urban Ecosystems. Most diploma course credits count towards the first two years of either degree.
Diploma graduates have the option to continue their studies towards a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree at Kwantlen. For more information on this opportunity, please call 604-599-3283. Transfer depends on the student's academic record. Some course substitutions may be approved to facilitate transfer to the B.B.A.
A Diploma in Horticulture Technology will be granted to students who have completed the required course work as listed below. Note: Courses may be taken out of the order listed below, but specific course prerequisites apply. See on-line calendar for course prerequisites www.kpu.ca/calendar/2015-16/courses/hort/index.html