An overview of the process and procedures is set out in the Appendix A flowcharts.
Details are provided in the University’s Guide for Program Development and Program Change
The forms referenced in the Guide can be downloaded from the links below:
- D-1. IAP Program Proposal Feasibility Assessment Request Form
- D-1a. IAP Program Proposal Feasibility Assessment Request Form – Example of how to complete the form
- D-2. Library Impact Assessment Form
- D-3a. Degree Concept Form
- D-3b. Non-Degree Concept Form
- D-4. Budgetary Impact of Curriculum Proposal Form
- D-5. Cost and Revenue Form
- D-6. Curriculum Consultation Forms
- D-7. Program Change Form
- D-8. Determination of New Degree – AVED Template
- D-9. Degree Full Program Proposal Form
- D-10. Non-Degree Full Program Proposal Form
- D-11. AVED Stage 1 Review of New Degrees Blank Template
- D-11a. KPU Guidelines for Completing the AVED Stage 1 Review Template
For more information regarding the completion of the above forms and the governance approval process and timeline for making submissions to Senate, please contact Dr. Jennifer Au, Vice Chair of Senate and Chair of the Senate Standing Committee on Curriculum, at Jennifer.Au@kpu.ca.
Related Reference Documents
Course Outline Manual
Course Outline Template (includes requests for Quantitative (Q), Writing-Intensive, or Pathway to Undergraduate Study designations)
Bachelor of Arts Degree Framework
Associate of Arts Degree Framework
Bachelor of Science Degree Framework
Flexible Pre-Major Agreements
Submitting to Senate
All submissions are made through the Senate Standing Committee on Curriculum (SSCC) and its Subcommittee on Course Curriculum (SCC).
For submissions to SSCC, complete the Senate and Senate Standing Committee cover template.
For course outline submissions to SCC, complete the SCC submission template.
See Committee webpages for meeting dates and submission deadlines.
Approval deadlines for curricular changes to the University Calendar are set by the Office of the Registrar.