Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Teaching, Learning, Scholarship & Research Symposium! Our inaugural 2017 event had over 200 registrants and was an excellent opportunity for KPU educators and programs to showcase their work and to develop new connections with peers.
Hold the Dates! KPU's second Teaching, Learning, Scholarship & Research Symposium is set to occur from Wednesday, May 2 to Friday, May 4, 2018, at KPU Surrey and other venues.
- January 8, 2018: Call for proposals. If you are interested in submitting a proposal for this year's event, please visit the following link.
- February 19, 2018: Proposal submission deadline at 8:00 a.m.
- March 5-9, 2018. Proposal candidates will be contacted with the Symposium Planning Committee's decision on their application.
- March 12, 2018: Registration opens.
- May 2 - 4, 2018: KPU's 2nd Annual Teaching, Learning, Scholarship & Research Symposium!
KPU Community Members have an extensive amount of expertise and experiences that can benefit others. You are invited to submit proposals to KPU's second Teaching, Learning, Scholarship & Research Symposium.
The Symposium is an opportunity for faculty members, instructors, students, staff and administrators to share aspects of your teaching practice, scholarly inquiry, research and learning experiences with others at KPU and beyond. This year’s theme is, "Collaborate, Create, Connect" and collaborative proposals (e.g. faculty and students, multiple peers, staff, and faculty, across the disciplines, etc.) are encouraged. Several session formats are available including:
- Interactive workshops
- Tips & tools
- Scholarship or research presentations
- Roundtable discussions
- Students Experience
- Panel Discussions
- Poster presentations
- Field trips
Symposium Planning Committee:
- Bogdan Bryja, Faculty, Academic & Career Preparation
- Cathy Parlee, Research Services Coordinator & Coordinator of the Symposium Planning Committee
- Celia Brinkerhoff, Public Services Librarian
- Farhad Dastur, Faculty, Psychology & Teaching Fellow, Experiential Learning
- Gina Buchanan, Senior Manager, Educational Development
- June Kaminski, Faculty, Nursing
- Leanne MacKenzie, Faculty, Cooperative Education
- Leeann Waddington, Faculty, Nursing & Teaching Fellow, Learning Environments
- Meg Goodine, Manager, Learning Technology
- Rebecca Harbut, Faculty, Sustainable Agriculture
- Shauna McAuley-Bax, Faculty, Economics
- Shoaib Nasir, Faculty, Applied Communications
- Victor Martinez, Faculty, Product Design
- Stephanie Chu, Vice Provost, Teaching & Learning, Interim AVP, Research & Committee Chair