- Where is Assessment and Testing Services (ATS) located?
- Where do I park?
- How do I schedule an appointment?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- What do I need to bring with me on the day of the test?
- What are acceptable forms of photo identification?
- Can I just drop-in to do my assessment?
- Can special arrangements be made for students with disabilities?
- How many times can I take an assessment?
- How will I receive the results of my assessment?
- Will other institutions accept my test results?
Assessment & Testing Services is located in the Surrey Main Building, Room 138.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Surrey Main, Room 138
12666-72 Ave. Surrey BC
Paid parking is in effect and available on all Kwantlen Polytechnic University campuses.
English, Math, ESLT & Kist and Trades assessments must be booked in-person through the Student Enrolment Services front counters on any KPU campus. All other testing services such as invigilation of exams can be booked through Assessment and Testing Services by calling 604-599-2368 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment must be made at the time of booking, prior to completing the assessment. Tests are booked and paid in-person at the Student Enrolment Services front desk during their regular hours of operation. Cash, cheque, money order, debit card and credit card are acceptable forms of payment. Please note: Cash payments will NOT be accepted at the Assessment Centre or by the Test Invigilator. Cash Payments must be made at the Student Enrolment Services office on any campus during regular hours of operation, Monday through Friday.
On the day of your assessment you are required to bring:
- Current photo identification (cannot be expired).
- Testing receipt (white copy).
- Pink test confirmation slip (this slip has your Student #, Building & Room# for your test on it).
- Writing instruments such as pen, pencil and eraser should also be brought to the testing session.
- Cell phones brought into the testing room will need to be turned off and put out of site. We do not allow access to cell phones while writing tests. It is best to leave your personal items in the trunk of your car.
- Students may not be accompanied into the testing room; exams are written independently. If you have a disability that requires you to test under specific conditions, please book an appointment to see a Disability Advisor.
KPU student cards and government issued Photo ID such as a Drivers Licence, BC Identification, Passport or Permanent Resident Card. ID must be current and not expired.
No, all assessments must be booked in advance. Entrance Exams must be booked in person, at the Student Enrolment Services front counters (at any campus). You should book your exams early (4-6 weeks in advance) so that you are able to meet any deadlines you might have. You must provide picture ID and payment at the time of booking your exam.
If you have a disability that requires you to test under specific conditions, please book an appointment to see a Disability Advisor. Testing Services cannot allow special accommodations without approval from the Disability Services Office.
|Academic and Career Preparation (ACP) English Test||Re-write after 4 months.|
|ELST Accuplacer English Test||Re-write after 4 months, for a maximum of 3 times. Note: Once enrolled in the English Language Studies Diploma, you cannot take the ELST Accuplacer test again.|
|ELST KIST (Speaking/Listening) Test||Re-write after 4 months, for a maximum of 3 times. Note: Once enrolled in the English Language Studies Diploma, you cannot take the ELST Kist test again.|
|English Placement Test||Re-write once per semester.|
|Academic and Career Preparation (ACP) Math Test||No wait period.|
|Math Placement Test||Re-write after 4 weeks, for a maximum of 3 times.|
|Vocational (Trades)||ALEKS Math test can be re-written after 4 weeks.
Reading/writing/vocabulary test can be re-written after 3 months.
|Vocational (Drafting)||Drafting Math test can be rewritten after 4 weeks.
EPT can be re-written once per semester.
Students taking the following Assessments will receive their results at the test session: ELST & Kist, ACP English, ACP Math, Trades/Vocational, Math Placement test (MPT) and Typing tests.
Results for the English Placement Test (EPT) are released approximately two weeks after the assessment. Each student will be mailed a copy of their results to the home address supplied. Your test results are confidential so we cannot give out test results over the phone, by fax or email.
It is at the discretion of the external institution whether or not they wish to accept KPU test results. However, KPU Assessments are for placement into KPU courses only. KPU does not provide extra copies of test result forms or mail test results/letters to other institutions or to employers.
Assessment and Testing Services: "Opening Doors to Student Success"