What is a Make-Up Exam?
KPU students who have missed an in-class exam must seek approval from their course instructor to write a Make-Up exam with Assessment and Testing Services. These make-up exams are written in the testing center, under the supervision of Assessment and Testing Services.
How do I book a Make-Up Exam?
After securing your instructor's approval you may register and pay online for a Make-up exam. Your instructor will be contacted to ensure approval.
What is the cost?
Students who are requesting a make-up exam are charged $40 per exam, to a maximum length of 3 hours. Each additional hour (or portion thereof), is an additional $10. Students who need to reschedule a make-up exam must have their instructor approval. There will be an additional $40 charge for rescheduling.
Testing fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
What do I do on the day of the exam?
1. Arrive at the test location, at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled exam.
2. Bring current photo identification.
3. Bring your online confirmation receipt for make-up exams.
- Students who arrive late for a scheduled exam will NOT be given extra time to write the exam or may have to reschedule the exam.
- KPU Make-up exams are only offered at:
- Surrey (Newton) campus on Wednesdays at 2 pm and 3 pm or Thursdays at 9:30 am and 10:30 am
- Tech (Cloverdale) campus on Tuesdays at 10:30am or 11:00am. *Note: Starting August 2018 times will change to 11:30am or 12:30am for the Tech (Cloverdale) campus
- Completed exams are returned directly to instructors.
If you have any questions about Make-Up exams, please contact Assessment and Testing Services at 604-599-2368 or email@example.com.
To book a KPU Make-Up Exam, please go to kpu.ca/testing.