Who is eligible?
The KPU MultiPass program follows the same eligibility requirement of the U-Pass BC program which is mandatory for all eligible students. An eligible student is anyone who is enrolled in at least three credits or whose tuition totals more than the cost of full price three zone passes for the academic term. At KPU this means that the majority of students are deemed eligible for the U-Pass BC including Trades apprentices.
NOTE: Late registrants must wait until the day following registration prior to picking up their U-Pass BC.
Who is not eligible?
Students in Continuing/Professional Studies courses, online and distance courses, and students who are taking offsite classes are excluded from eligibility for the U-Pass BC program as are exchange students and seniors approved for a fee exemption. Co-operative education work term credits do not meet the three credit minimum required for U-Pass BC eligibility. The eligibility of some other categories of students such as KPU staff and high school students participating in programs or classes on campus are also ineligible.
Which months will I get?
Students registered in traditional semesters, fall, spring, and summer, will normally be assessed and be eligible for each of the four months in the semester.
- Fall: September, October, November, and December
- Spring: January, February, March, and April
- Summer: May, June, July, and August
Students registered in courses that have non-traditional start dates and/or end dates, such as the Trades programs, will be assessed and eligible for each month in which:
- the start date is before the 15th of the month; and
- the end date is on the 15th of the month or later.
Who can apply for exemption from the MultiPass program?
Provisions have been made for individual students to request exemption from eligibility in the MultiPass program. Students must complete an application before the second Friday after the first day of the course or program and are required to provide appropriate supporting documentation. Qualified exemption spaces are limited. Grounds for exemption
- Students who hold a valid U-Pass BC from another post-secondary institution within Metro Vancouver.
- Students who hold a valid, non-transferable Transit Pass that is valid within Metro Vancouver for the duration of their study period.
- Students who are permanently or temporarily disabled and whose physical or cognitive barriers cannot be accommodated using the U-Pass.
- Students living outside of Metro Vancouver or over 1500 metres from the nearest TransLink access point.
- Students required to carry very large instruments as part of their KPU program requirements.
- Students required to insure and operate a vehicle insured for business use (e.g. ICBC rate class 007 or 027).