Internationally educated RNs, LPNs or RPNs who meet the eligibility requirements can be registered in this tuition-free 11-week course running Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:20 pm.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible individuals must be internationally educated nurses who meet the following entrance requirements:
- Have been a Permanent Resident for 5 years or less
- Be living in British Columbia
- Meet minimum language proficiency requirements (see details below)
- Have proof of occupational certification as an RN, LPN or RPN from your source country
- Be preparing to apply for licensure
- Be able to commit to attend the program Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings for 11 weeks
|Length||11 weeks; 3 evenings per week for 3 hours per evening plus 6 hours per week online work|
|Start & End Dates||Monday, January 20, to Thursday, April 16 with no class from March 16 to March 27 for spring break|
|Fees||No tuition fees|
Minimum Language Proficiency Requirements
- IELTS Score: 6.0, with a minimum score of 6.0 for Listening, Speaking and Reading, and 5.0 for Writing.
- iBT TOEFL Score: 79 with a minimum score of 19 for Listening and Speaking, and 18 for Writing.
- cBT TOEFL Score: 200 including TWE 4 and TSE 40, with minimum Listening Scaled score of 21.
- CLB or CLBPT (Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test): Score of 7 or above in all skill areas.
- CELBAN: Minimum of 7 for speaking, 8 for listening, 7 for reading and 6 for writing.
Check the following sites for CLBPT testing locations:
Contact PCIEN@kpu.ca or 604.599.2321 for more information or to begin the application process.