Access Exams are when a student uses Accommodations to write a quiz, test, mid-term, or final exam for a KPU course. You are encouraged to contact Accessibility Services to discuss an Accommodation Plan with an Advisor.
Accommodations are changes in when, where, or how you complete an exam. Accommodations may be used for class tests, mid-terms, finals, and supplemental tests. They may also be used for placement tests, out-of-town tests, and trades or technology tests.
Some examples of Accommodations for exams include:
- Alternate Formats - such as audio, e-text, or large print
- Extended Exam Time – additional time to complete an exam
- Distraction Reduced – exams are booked in a room where visual and auditory distractions are reduced
- Technology – use of computer, calculators, spell-check, or specific software
- Reader or Scribe – a technology or person who reads a text aloud or writes your responses.
How to Book Your Access Test
Book online at www.kpu.ca/testing
Click the ‘BOOK ACCESS OR MAKE-UP EXAMS’ button that corresponds to the campus your course is taking place.
Login with your KPU Student Number & Password. Click Login
Fill in ALL the fields.
Fill in your cellphone number to receive text notifications in regards to your booking. A reminder text will be sent to you before your test date with the Testing Centre.
Fill in your INSTRUCTOR’s CORRECT NAME and CORRECT COURSE NAME
MUST write this test same date & time your class is writing
- Length of in-class exam: If you are permitted extra time on a test, please choose the time allotted for the rest of the class and the Testing Centre will ADD your extra time.
- Select your Accommodations you want to use for the test (there will be a list of your permitted accommodations. If you do NOT select an accommodation, it will NOT be added to your test)
Click: Add to Cart
Click: Complete Registration
Make sure to arrive at the Testing Centre at least 10 minutes before your test time and bring PHOTO ID
Follow these Instructions on How to Book Your KPU SURREY ACCESS TEST
Follow these Instructions on How to Book Your KPU RICHMOND ACCESS TEST
Follow these Instructions on How to Book Your KPU LANGLEY ACCESS TEST
When you recieve your Course Outline at the beginning of the semester; book your quizzes, midterms and final exam.
All access exam requests must be booked a minimum of two weeks in advance of the testing date.
Assessment & Testing Services: "Opening Doors to Student Success"