Coast Capital Savings has established a business competition and award available to students and recent alumni who are launching or operating their own business. Kwantlen Polytechnic University ("KPU") attracts young entrepreneurs, to many of our academic programs, who are highly innovative, resourceful and have a strong entrepreneurial drive. To demonstrate Coast Capital Savings' commitment to fostering entrepreneurial spirit this award will recognize one business and its owners per year based on the following terms of reference.
Applicants must be:
- Business owners (individuals or groups of up to 5 may apply) in any industry and at any stage of creation or existence including, but not limited to:
- Startup and launch,
- Innovative growth or development.
Who are either:
- Current KPU students registered in a minimum of one course; or
- Alumni who were granted a degree, diploma, certificate or citation by KPU within 2 years of the award application deadline (June 5, 2017).
Please Note: To be eligible for final selection applicants are required to ensure their availability for a final presentation taking place in between June 26-28th 2017.
A call for applicants for the 2018 Coast Capital Youth Entrepreneurship Award will be announced during the Fall of 2017
Submissions must include the following:
- Application cover page – link below.
- Minimum 1 letter of endorsement from KPU faculty member or business leader/mentor articulating entrepreneurial spirit and strengths of applicant(s).
- Executive summary of business plan – maximum 1 page.
- Financial Statements – current year and/or 3-year projected income statement and balance sheet.
- For existing companies - evidence that the business is in good standing including at least one of the following:
- Certificate of Good Standing (BC) or equivalent documentation from other jurisdictions;
- BC Summary Profile or equivalent documentation from other jurisdictions;
- Central Securities Register or equivalent documentation from other jurisdictions;
- Any relevant business licenses.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria and should include a clear and concise description of concept, business model and differentiating characteristics.
- Identification of a unique business opportunity.
- Business plan is realistic and within the scope of the applicants' ability to execute.
Applications without the required content will not be considered. Applications submitted past the deadline will not be considered.
For more information and to submit your application please contact: