[node:title] [node:field_people_bio_last_name] | [site:name]
Stan Wong BPE (UBC), EDP (Queen's)
Stan loves sharing his 25 years of global marketing and business management experience through teaching, and finds it rewarding to help students prepare to enter a career in the brewing industry. He works hard to ensure that students have a solid grasp of the business aspects of professional brewing, and that by the time they graduate, they are prepared to take on the commercial challenges of the industry.
One of the reasons Stan is drawn to the craft beer industry is that it is a continuously expanding portion of the business sector, creating new jobs and economic opportunities for manufacturers and distributors. Craft beer is in demand, which is exciting from a marketing perspective, and as craft beer’s popularity grows, breweries will continue to offer consumers a larger variety of higher quality beer products to choose from.
Stan brings his wealth of marketing experience working in senior management positions for two of the world’s most globally-successful companies; NIKE and Labatt Breweries/AB-InBev. His business experience and knowledge make him a huge asset to the KPU Brewing program.
Stan is a big fan of craft beer, and he’s always hunting for a good sessional!
- Bachelor of Physical Education, UBC, Vancouver, BC
- Executive Development Program (Finance), Queen's University, Kingston, ON
- Director of Marketing, Innovation, Labatt Breweries of Canada, Toronto, ON
- Director of Marketing, BC, Labatt Breweries of Canada, Vancouver, BC
- Product Marketing Manager, Hockey Apparel, NIKE Inc., Beaverton, OR
- Advertising & Sports Marketing Manager, NIKE Canada, Toronto, ON
- Sports & Retail Marketing Supervisor, NIKE Canada, Toronto, ON
- Sports Marketing Coordinator, NIKE Canada, Vancouver, BC