CPA Recruit Networking Events:
Some upcoming not-to-be missed CPA Recruit events on campus include:
- To Be Announced
Welcome to CPA Recruit 2020
The CPA Recruit is an annual recruitment campaign where local and national CPA firms hire accounting students and graduates for full-time (articling), summer internships, or co-op positions up to one year in advance. Please click here for the 2020 CPABC Post-secondary Recruitment Framework, outlining specific guidelines for this recruitment process.
CPA Recruit 2020 is now underway for positions that start in 2020 and will comprise of both a Spring Recruit and Fall Recruit. So what's the difference and how can you stay on top of all the ongoing important updates? SUBSCRIBE to ASK's CPA Recruit email list here for up-to-date, on-and-off campus/firm networking events, job postings and other relevant information and updates. Please also check out ASK's website here for more information and helpful resources.
KPU's Career Development Centre is excited to be working closely with ASK and our esteemed Accounting faculty to support you along your way!
CPA Recruit Job Posting Deadlines:
CPA Recruit is Changing
News for upper-level ACCT students!
Unlike previous years in BC, there will be no coordinated calendar for posting positions, accepting applications, conducting interviews, making and accepting offers among the CPA firms. This means opportunities for employment in CPA firms, just like opportunities in industry, government and the not-for-profit sector, could be available anytime! September deadlines are gone! Many firms hire about one year in advance. To start work in Jan, May, or Sept 2019/2020, recruitment starts now!
What should you, as an Accounting student or graduate, be doing to secure employment?
Conduct your own research about available opportunities! Get out ahead of the crowd!
· Check the websites of CPA firms and other potential employers.
· Join KPU Career Connection (https://kpu.ca/careerconnection) for job postings.
· Join Campus Connection through CPABC (https://careers.bccpa.ca/campusaccess/)
· Register for CPABC CareerConnect then fill out the Campus Access Profile.
· Co-op students – Work closely with your Co-op Instructor.
· Upgrade your resume! Be ready to customize your resume and prepare a covering letter!
· Visit KPU's Career Development Centre or contact your Co-op Instructor. They are trained and ready to review your resume.
· Ask friends, family, and faculty for feedback. Feedback creates opportunity for improvement.
· Plan to attend as many networking events as possible! It’s about people and personalities!
· Join ASK (www.kwantlenaccounting.com) and CPA Recruit to be aware of networking opportunities.
· Plan to attend the Ice Cream Social at KPU and the Fraser Valley Networking Event .
FAQ and more official details can be found at:
Please be sure to apply directly to the company website AND Co-op Students should also upload a copy of your application in Career Connection, so that your Co-op Instructors can follow up on your application status.
Resources and Tips
INSPIRE (INsight from Successful People in REcruit):
Gain valuable insight from the recruiters and reps from Accounting firms who are looking to hire KPU students