The Low Voltage Program has 2 x 3-week intensive introduction programs offered full-time at Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s Cloverdale Campus. It provides theory and analytical training in Security Alarm Installation or Structured Cabling/Network Installation. The program emphasizes practical, hands-on training with the same equipment you are likely to use in your career.
The topics covered include:
- Construction Site Safety
- Basic Tool Usage
- Introduction to Basic Electronics
- Basic Telecommunications Cabling
- Basic Fiber Optic Cabling
- CATV Installation
- Security Alarm Installation
- CCTV Surveillance Installation
- Access Control Installation
- Telecommunications and Data Network Installation
- Telecommunications and Data Network Testing and Trouble Shooting
- Commercial Audio/Video Installation
The courses are a mix of 50% classroom theory and 50% hands-on practical applications in the lab.
Introduction to Security Alarm entry requirements and further information:
|Information Session: Low Voltage - Register||Aug 15, 2019 (Thu)||4:00pm-5:30pm||KPU Tech (Cloverdale)||Free|
|Introduction to Security Alarm Installation - TRAD 9013 (CRN: 80106) - Register||Sep 09-27, 2019 (Mon-Fri)||8:00am-4:30pm||KPU Civic Plaza||$1495 + GST|
|Introduction to Security Alarm Installation - TRAD 9013 (CRN: 80329) - Register||Nov 04-22, 2019 (Mon-Fri)||8:00am-4:30pm||KPU Civic Plaza||$1495 + GST|
|Introduction to Structured Cabling Installation - TRAD 9037 (CRN: 80107) - Register||Dec 02-20, 2019 (Mon-Fri)||8:00am-4:30pm||KPU Civic Plaza||$1495 + GST|
Be sure to read our Policies here.
If you would like more information please contact:
Manager, Business Development