Get your Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Levels 1 and 2 in just 8 months!*
Programs are led by industry-experienced instructors.
Small class sizes allows you to transition nicely into university and connect 1-on-1 with our expert faculty.
Diploma in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field that integrates mechanics, electronics, computing and integrated control systems into a broad set of skills needed in the automated manufacturing industry.
KPU’s Diploma in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology gives you the applied knowledge you need with the hands-on experience you want to prepare you for an exciting career in the evolving manufacturing industry.
Why Study Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology?
Are you interested in industrial automation and control system technology?
The growing reliance on automated technology in the manufacturing sector trusts technicians with the challenge of performing higher-level tasks, involving diagnostics, analytics, trouble-shooting, and hands-on repair and maintenance.
Studying Mechatronics at KPU Tech gives you the theoretical and technical know-how, alongside hands-on training in applied trades areas such as machining, welding, metal fabrication and electrical, so that you can operate, manage, and maintain an automated manufacturing facility.
Who Studies Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology?
This growing and evolving field attracts a variety of individuals, from recent high school grads to mature, working professionals interested in career-enhancing studies. You can be successful in this field if you are:
- A science or engineering student wanting to augment your expertise with mechanical, process control, or electrical experience
- A design student seeking a means to create and produce the items that you design
- A technology student seeking to extend your computer-based expertise (e.g., CADD) into practical applications
- A student in a theoretical program such as physics where a grounding in applied practice is an advantage
- An undergraduate student or graduate student seeking competitive and marketable skills as a technician in fields such as Biotechnology, Distribution, Transportation & Logistics, Energy, Mining, Forestry, Autonomous Vehicles, Aerospace, National Security, and Defense, etc.
Mechatronics is also ideal for you if you are:
- An individual transitioning into advanced manufacturing and mechatronics from other sectors
- A Trades Red Seal graduate who would like to enhance your skill set
- A Trades student seeking an alternative to an apprenticeship and Red Seal certification
- An individual interested in skilled trades or the Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification
- An international student seeking to augment your credentials with Canadian-based curriculum and the globally recognized Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification
The Diploma in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology prepares you for a career in the manufacturing industry.
The program also teaches the most current technology in computer numerical control (CNC) programming, renewable energy, and computer-controlled autonomous systems (hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, and robotic).
A Red Seal Endorsement (RSE) in the following trades can be used to satisfy the Fall 2021 mathematics and physics admission requirements for the Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology program:
- Construction Electrician
- Gasfitter (Class A or B)
- Industrial Electrician
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
This program is delivered using an online learning management system. Each student will be required to bring his/her own laptop or equivalent electronic device. Students are advised NOT to purchase a personal laptop computer until specifications and requirements have been provided to successful applicants.
Year 1 (first and second semesters) is aligned with the internationally recognized Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program.
Successful completion of Year 1 of this program provides eligible students with a Certificate in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
Year 2 (third and fourth semesters) incorporates advanced manufacturing principles, sustainability practices, resource planning, lean manufacturing practices, communications, and business operations.
These principles are augmented by experiential skill development in machining, metal fabrication, welding, and electrical, preparing you to meet the demands of emerging trends in technology.
Leonardo Batista, Diploma in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Your Certificate in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology provides you with the knowledge, expertise, and skills to operate, maintain, and conduct diagnostics on mechatronic systems at a technician level.
With your Diploma in Mechatronics and Advanced Manufacturing Technology you are employable across a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, green technology, biotechnology, energy, transportation, telecommunications, the autonomous vehicle industry, medical technology, building technology, residential automation, agriculture, aerospace, national security and defense. Examples of job categories include:
- Control Systems Technician
- Customer Service Technician
- Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Facilities Operator Field Service Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Manufacturing Process Technician
- Mine Technician
- Plant Systems Technician
- Production Operator Service and Installation Technician