There are many ways to make a meaningful gift to Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
KPU is dedicated to helping students create bright futures for themselves and in turn for our communities. Making a gift is a meaningful way to foster the power and potential of a new generation of leaders. Should you have any questions about any of the gift avenue below, please contact us at 604.599.2010.
Gifts of any amount are welcome and gratefully received. Gifts can be given in the following ways:
- Gifts of Cash – You can make a one-time gift of any denomination to a priority area of your choice, or to support Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards. Gifts can be given by cheque or credit card. All gifts will be tax receipted.
- Pledge – You may prefer to make a commitment to give a series of gifts over a period of months or years, thus spreading your tax benefits accordingly.
- Monthly Giving – Many of our donors choose to make a monthly gift via credit card. This has the benefit of spreading out your commitment while still making it manageable to make a meaningful gift.
- Gift of Securities – Since 2006, capital gains tax is no longer applicable when appreciated securities are donated to a registered charity. KPU can accept both electronic and certificate shares, as well as gifts of publicly traded options. If you choose this gift type, you will immediately receive a donation receipt for the fair market value of your gift on the day the transfer is made.
- Gift in Kind – A gift in kind is a non-cash gift that could be anything from artwork and equipment to real estate. KPU is pleased to accept non-cash gifts that will be of use to our university. Upon a third party valuation of the gift, you will be issued a tax receipt for the fair market value of your gift.
- In Honour or In Memoriam – KPU would be pleased to discuss with you an appropriate and meaningful way to honour or remember a loved one.
- Gift of Insurance Policy – New and existing life insurance policies can be gifted to KPU, and you can designate the insurance proceeds to an area or project of your choice. If KPU is named the owner and beneficiary, the annual premiums you pay are tax deductible, and can lead to a substantial gift in the future. Making KPU the beneficiary of a policy can significantly reduce the taxes owing on your final tax return.
- Bequests – Gifts made through your will or bequest play an important role in funding student awards and many other important projects at KPU. At the time the donation is made your estate will be issued a tax receipt for the value of your gift. This can significantly reduce the taxes owing on your final tax return.
To make your donation to support student success at KPU in any of the above named ways, please call 604.598.6005.
Thank you for your generosity!
All donors will be mailed a charitable gift receipt as per Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
100% of your gift is directed to the area you designate.
Charitable Registration Number: 861562924RR0001
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of donors, alumni, students, employees, members, and friends. Your personal information is kept in confidence. This site uses industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for online transactions. KPU does not sell, rent or trade donor lists. The information collected for online donations is processed and stored in the United States.