APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 8, 2021
Awarded to a student who has demostrated an outstanding contribution to KPU or an external community, while also maintaining a good academic standard. The student will have served in a volunteer or leadership capacity during the academic year for which the award is being granted (including the previous summer), and who has either contributed to the KPU community, or with a program or agency benefiting local, national or international charity work. Contributions may be via on-going positions or a combination of short-erm positions. Recognition will also be given to students who have participated in Covid 19 initiatives. Students are required to submit a statement which supports this aspect of the award.
- Students must be enrolled in the spring semester in which the award is granted and have been enrolled in KPU classes during the period of participation.
- Good academic standing and a minimum CGPA of 2.0
- Demostrated volunteer or leadership in either the external community (e.g., local program agency and/or a local, national or international charity), within KPU, or participation in Covid 19 initiatives.
- Awards of $1000 each are available.
Terms for these awards have been revised for the 2021 year due to the changing nature of volunteer opportunities over the past 12 months. The terms will be reviewed again for the 2022 year. Students must submit the online application, along with supporting documentation emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The file must be labelled as your Last Name_First Name_COMM and be received by March 8th deadline.
The Online Application is located by clicking on "Apply Here" below and logging in to the KPU Online Self-service (OSS) portal. After logging in, please follow these steps:
- Click on "Student Menu"
- Click on "Student Awards and Financial Assistance"
- Click on "Awards Application"
- Select Application Type "Spring Term 2021 - KPU Community Awards," click "Apply" and begin completing the application.
- Click "Yes" to the terms & conditions on the Personal Declaration page in order for your application to be submitted successfully.