Get prepared with some highly effective learning and life strategies before you start the upcoming semester.
KPU 100 provides an interactive, supported learning experience for starting off your university career on the right track. You will have the opportunity to engage with faculty and other students in real-time sessions, and will complete interactive learning activities at your own pace each day. Along the way, you will receive supportive feedback and guidance as you work through short assignments that build up your knowledge, skills, and confidence as an online learner. This non-credit program is offered completely free to KPU students.
- Developing personal goals
- Structuring your learning in an online environment
- Managing time effectively
- Using the principles of deep learning to enhance your study
- Reading texts and taking notes
- Using memory strategies
- Communicating effectively online
- Working in online groups and teams
- Improving test-taking skills
- Using powerful questions
- Developing a growth mindset
- Using KPU technology (e.g. Moodle)
- Maintaining well being through physical activity, sleep and self-compassion
- Cultivating optimism and resilience
You have a choice of two session dates: December 14-18 (highly recommended -- get a head start!) or January 4-8 (the first week of Spring semester).
How KPU 100 Works
KPU 100 includes two "real time" synchronous sessions in Zoom, and you can register for your preferred time. Between the sessions, you will experience interactive, self-paced online learning that includes videos, short readings, and opportunities to practice the skills that will support your success in online courses. You will receive regular feedback and support from your program facilitator on your work in each of the five program days. Synchronous session will happen at the start and end of the program, on Monday and Friday (Dec 14 & 18; Jan 4 & 8*).