Computer Information Systems
The Computer Information Systems programs (CISY) offer a unique practitioner-oriented approach to systems support and software development. Computer Information Systems courses are offered by the Computer Science and Information Technology department. These programs provide graduates with diverse computing knowledge to meet the computer and information system needs of organizations of all sizes.
KPU graduates who complete the prescribed courses in the Computer Information Systems (CISY) diploma or certificate program will be able to transition into the Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology degree program at KPU. For more information see Information Technology: Bachelor of Technology.
Upon completion of the Computer Information Systems certificate program students are encouraged to pursue the Computer Information Systems diploma program and subsequently, the Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology degree, to strengthen their IT skills and broaden their career options. Students interested in the CISY diploma and/or the BTECH degree program should consult a School of Business Advisor for course planning assistance.
With proper course planning CISY students may complete some requirements which can be used in the following KPU degrees:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Administration in Marketing Management
Specific features of these programs include:
- Recently revised curriculum with contemporary course content
- Practical projects in most courses
- Course offerings during the day and in the evenings for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters to provide maximum flexibility for student schedules
- Co-op opportunities with a wide range of employers while still earning a diploma
- Professional networking opportunities to prepare for employment after graduation
Please visit kpu.ca/business/programs-and-courses for more information on School of Business programs.
In this section
These programs are designed for students interested in pursuing a career in one of the many fields within the Information Technology sector. At a minimum, students entering the program should have completed high school MATH 11 Foundations with a C+ or a KPU equivalent MATQ qualifying course or have achieved an equivalent result on KPU's Math Placement Test.
Graduates of this program may find employment in the following areas:
- Network administration
- Systems and user support
- Database design and management
- Systems analysis and design
- Software development
- Web design and development
- Technical documentation
- C# & Java Programming