Today’s learners need the ability to capture ideas, synthesize their learning across places and time and reflect on the personal and professional relevance of that learning.
Teaching & Learning Commons
Welcome to the Teaching & Learning Commons! Over time, this website will serve as a hub for teaching and learning related resources, professional development opportunities and highlights of KPU's faculty, instructors and educators, as well as our students' experiences. To read about current news and opportunities or contribute your news stories, teaching tips, resources, etc. go to "Community Contributions/News" at the top right.
- ISSOTL Call for Proposals (due March 15)
- UBC MOOC on Reconciliation through Indigenous Education
- Open Education Advocacy and Research Fellowship (BCcampus)
- Indigenizing the Curriculum (UFV Jan. 18 – 20)
- Moodle Courses for Spring 2017
- Leaning Forward’s “Connecting Landscapes for Learning” Conference
- OER Grant Recipients
- Call for Proposals: STLHE 2017
- VIU Team-Based Learning Institute
- Inaugural Teaching Fellows
February 3, 10, 17, 24, 2017, (4 Fridays). Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
KPU's student population includes a diversity of cultural backgrounds and languages.
Hold the dates for a teaching and learning professional development week during Reading Week. We are working towards having events at Richmond and Surrey campuses during this week.
Hold the date! As part of our Reading Week T&L professional development events, we invite faculty members to introduce others to their favourite classroom or online tech tools.