Introducing KPU Civic Plaza
KPU Civic Plaza is Kwantlen Polytechnic University's expansion into Surrey City Centre. With 30,000 square feet (almost 2,800 square metres) of post-secondary space in the heart of the city's downtown core, KPU's latest site is envisioned to bring professional development, upper-level business courses and post-graduate credentials to the region south of the Fraser.
KPU Civic Plaza is:
- Expected to open late summer 2017
- A minimum three-storey site located in 3 Civic Plaza, right next to Surrey's new City Hall, and the architecturally iconic City Centre Library
- Proposed to offer programs that include graduate diplomas and certificates in: strategic planning; media and communications; policy, governance and innovation; public relations; emerging market analysis; product development; management sciences; accounting; human resource management; financial analysis; specific business applications, and; professional standards
- Initially going to serve over 1,600 students
- Envisioned to become a hub for community engagement, collaboration and connection between researchers and Surrey's health and technology sectors on Innovation Boulevard
3 Civic Plaza will be a $150-million, 52-storey multi-use building in the heart of Surrey's Civic Plaza. It includes a 144-room hotel, 349 condos and five floors of office space, three of which are KPU's.