The KPU Card
Please read this important information about KPU's Personal Information Collection Guidelines.
How to get a KPU Card
KPU cards can be obtained at the Service Desk at any KPU Campus Library, anytime during open hours.
Students and Employees can submit their photo in advance using the KPU Card Submission Form.
Already have a current KPU card? There is no need to get a new one.
Your first card is issued free of charge. There is a $5 charge for a replacement card. For employees the department is charged.
Government issued photo identification is required to get a card.
Remember that your KPU card is a permanent card that has numerous functions:
- Serves as your student identification card
- Is required for proof of U-Pass BC eligibility
- Must be presented in order to borrow library materials and equipment
- Is used for tap access to printing and photocopying
- Card expires when KPU student privileges expire
Note: New students are elgibile to get a card one month before their class start date.
Find out more about My Library Account and Library PINs.
Reporting a Lost or Stolen KPU Card
It is important that you report lost or stolen cards as soon as possible using this form.
- The card owner is responsible for any material checked out on the account prior to reporting the card lost/stolen.
- Any photocopying charges made between time lost and date reported will not be refunded.
- A $5.00 replacement fee will be charged when a new card is issued. For employees, the Department is charged.
When the form is received, the library will suspend library borrowing and photocopying privileges. You will receive an email notification to this effect.
You must obtain a new card to reinstate borrowing and photocopying privileges.
KPU Cards for Faculty, Staff and Administrators
Your Staff/Faculty KPU card provides:
- Library bar-code for borrowing privileges at Campus Libraries.
- Kwantlen Photo Identification designated for Faculty, Staff, Admin and other groups.
- Also available as a department card for Facilities, IT and campus officials.
- Available at Library Service Desk at no cost.
Your card can be obtained at any campus library. This is a permanent card and can be used the entire time you work at Kwantlen.
You can submit your photo in advance using this form.
Having problems with your PIN? Find out more about My Library Account and Employee Account PINs.
All borrowers must present their KPU card before materials and equipment will be loaned. To avoid delays and help us to provide efficient and accountable service, please bring your card with you when you come to the Library and be prepared to show it when asked by Library staff. Your KPU card is also your employee identification.
Personal Information. Personal information collected in connection with issuing and creating the cardholder’s KPU Card, including the digital photograph of the cardholder, is collected, used and disclosed for the purpose of creating and issuing the KPU Card, identifying the cardholder as a member of the KPU community, administering all of the services associated with the KPU Card, and for all other purposes consistent with attendance at KPU. Such personal information is collected under the authority of the University Act and will be protected, used and disclosed in compliance with British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The cardholder consents to the collection, use and disclosure of the cardholder’s personal information as described above, effective on acceptance by the cardholder of the cardholder’s KPU Card. The cardholder’s digital photograph will be printed on the front of the cardholder’s KPU Card. The digital photograph is KPU’s property and will be stored in KPU’s database. It may be shared with KPU personnel, including, without limitation, faculty, staff, security personnel and KPU service providers for the purposes described above, including for the identification of the cardholder as a member of the KPU community.
KPU’s Legal Counsel can answer any questions the cardholder has about the foregoing collection, use and disclosure of personal information and may be contacted as follows:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University