This Admissions guide is here to assist you through the application and admission process. The steps below will help to answer some of your questions and provide the information you need as you prepare to apply to KPU.
- Choose your program of study from the academic calendar and determine if you meet the program’s entrance requirements, and whether you have the necessary course prerequisites.
- Do you meet the general university admission requirements?
- Do you need to write placement tests in order to meet the admission requirements?
- Will changes to the BC High School Mathematics curriculum have an effect on your admission?
- Do you have your required documents?
- Do you know how to submit your required documents?
- Will you need transfer credit?
- Are you aware of the Canadian and international application dates and deadlines?
Applications may be submitted online via our website or via BC’s post-secondary application
Once you have submitted an application to the program of your choice, you will need to:
- Access your “myKwantlen” Account
- Submit your required documents
- Meet any additional admissions requirements
For additional information, visit Completing the Admissions Process.
Upon successfully completing all admission requirements, you will be sent a final acceptance letter or you may be provided an offer of admission. The offer of admission informs you of acceptance to the program and your next steps, which will include the payment of either a program acceptance deposit or a registration deposit.
A conditional offer of admission may be offered, informing you of acceptance to the program upon successful completion of specified pending conditions. It is the applicant's responsibility to be sure to meet the conditions of admission prior to the specified deadlines to ensure final admission to the program.
What happens if I don’t qualify?
You may not qualify for your program and may need to undertake upgrading, or you may need to choose an alternate program.
- Choosing an alternate program: if you do not qualify for admission, you will be offered admission to an alternate program. Details will be provided in your offer letter. If you wish to change your alternate program, you may do so by submitting a program status change form to Student Enrolment Services.
- Undergo upgrading / testing if necessary in order that you may qualify for your program (or an alternate program).
- Apply for student awards or financial assistance if needed.
- Choose your courses, pay your deposit and prepare to register with both our online Registration Guide and our free Course Planning 101 workshops.
- Register and pay your fees.
- Attend Orientation.
- Classes start – you’re on your way!
This Admissions Guide is prepared by the Admissions Office and is for information purposes only. Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy, this document shall not be construed to be an irrevocable contract between the student and Kwantlen Polytechnic University. KPU reserves the right to make changes in the contents and provisions of this publication and to cancel, add, revise contents or change fees at any time without notice.