Want to learn more about KPU's online application? Our 10 frequently asked questions and answers will guide you through the application. When you're ready to apply, head over to www.kpu.ca/apply.
- What information should I have available in order to complete my application for admission to KPU?
- Can international students apply to KPU online?
- Will KPU continue to provide paper applications?
- Am I able to submit multiple applications to the same term?
- I want to revisit my online application. What if I forget the password or user ID?
- Does KPU charge an application fee?
- What methods of payment does KPU accept for the application fee?
- What if I'm interested in becoming an apprentice or enrolling in Continuing/Professional Studies?
- What if I meet the criteria for classification in more than one category?
- I don’t have a credential in mind and just want to take a few courses at KPU. In which category would I be classified?
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Legal names
- Date of birth
- Permanent mailing address
- Primary telephone number
- Email address
- Names and dates of high schools attended
- Names and dates of post-secondary institutions attended
- What you plan to study
- Term or start date you would like to begin
KPU requires an application fee, so applicants will also need a credit card. Note that you will have five minutes to enter credit card information on the Submit and Pay page at the end of the form. BACK TO TOP
Yes. Prospective students from anywhere in the world can apply to KPU online. BACK TO TOP
No. KPU’s new application process is completely online to ensure a more user-friendly and efficient process. It offers guidance and tips throughout the entire application process, and allows you to save and return to your incomplete application at a later time. At any point in the application process, you can contact KPU's Future Students' Office and someone from our team can help you over the phone or set up an in-person visit at a KPU campus for assistance. You're also welcome to submit an application for admission using one of our onsite computer terminals. BACK TO TOP
KPU accepts one application for admission per term. When selecting what you wish to study, there is the option of indicating two choices within the online application, thereby eliminating the need to submit multiple applications. If you submit an application and decide you would like to make a change before an admission decision has been communicated to you, please send a request from your provided KPU student email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. BACK TO TOP
From the login page, click on “Forgot user ID or password?” to retrieve your user ID and reset your password. BACK TO TOP
Yes. The application fee is $40 for domestic students, and $120 for international students. BACK TO TOP
KPU accepts the following credits cards for payment of the application fee: VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. We also accept VISA Debit and VISA Gift Cards as a method of payment. BACK TO TOP
In keeping with the classification process in place at other B.C. universities, KPU identifies applicants for admission in the following ways:
- High school
There are also other ways to enrol at KPU for applicants who don't fall into the above categories:
- Apprentices: In partnership with the Industry Training Authority, (ITA) KPU provides training to established apprentices.
- Concurrent: BC secondary school students who would like to register in courses at KPU may be eligible as a concurrent student.
- Continuing/Professional Studies: Students at all stages of learning may access educational offerings part-time, evenings, weekends and online through KPU’s Continuing/Professional Studies division.
- Exchange: Students from approved partner institutions may be eligible to come to KPU as an exchange student.
- General Interest: Non-credential-seeking students may be eligible to attend KPU as a general interest student and complete up to 12 credits before being required to satisfy admission requirements.
- Visiting: Non-credential-seeking students who have a letter of permission from their home institution may spend up to one year studying at KPU. BACK TO TOP
You will be classified in the category that takes into account all of your previous academic experience in order to best support your academic success while at KPU. BACK TO TOP
You may be interested in enrolling as a General Interest student. General Interest students do not need to apply via KPU’s online application process for a complete assessment of admissibility. Instead, General Interest students have the ability to register in courses as space allows. General Interest students can take up to 12 credits (3-4 courses) before they are required to apply for admission to KPU, or request to continue under KPU’s special entry category. Refer to the Admissions Guide for more information. BACK TO TOP