Library Services for Alumni
The Library invites all KPU Alumni to stay in touch. KPU graduates of any certificate, diploma or degree program are welcome to use the KPU Library at all campuses during all open hours.
Alumni who come to the campus may:
- Obtain a free KPU Alumni Card. Your KPU Card can be obtained at any campus library, is free of charge and is a permanent card. Photo identification is required to get a KPU Card from the Library. You can also apply online for a card at Alumni Benefits.
- Consult books, journals and other materials.
- Search the Library catalogue.
- Obtain reference assistance.
- Access online article indexes. Please note, there is no off campus access to our licensed databases.
- View videos/DVDs in the Library. Please note, videos/DVDs cannot be borrowed.
- More institutional benefits of being an alumni can be found at KPU Alumni.
You are issued a random PIN when you first receive your KPU Card. For ease in remembering, please ask staff at the Service Desk to change your PIN to a PIN of your choice at the time you are issued a KPU card.
If you do not know or forget your PIN, go to the Library Catalogue, click on 'My Library Account' and then choose 'Forgot your Pin?" from the menu. Enter your KPU Card barcode and your PIN will emailed immediately to the address you provided when your KPU Card was issued. To respect confidentiality, we cannot change your PIN over the phone nor does the Library know your PIN.
Borrowing Privileges for Alumni
- Access to research databases is available only from the Guest computers at the KPU libraries, not from offsite.
- For a list of databases that Alumni can access on and off campus please click here.
- Audiovisual equipment cannot be borrowed on an Alumni card.
- Fines will be charged for overdue material and lost or damaged materials.
- Items on course reserve are for use by currently registered KPU students only.
- Journals, videos/DVDs and reference books cannot be borrowed but can be used in the Library.
- Loan period is three weeks with the possibility of one renewal if the item has not been requested by another patron.
- May borrow up to five general collection items at a time. Borrowers must present their KPU card before materials will be loaned.
- Note that the Interlibrary Loan service is not available to alumni.
Reporting a Lost or Stolen KPU Card
It is important that you report lost or stolen cards as soon as possible using this form.
- The card owner is responsible for any material checked out on the account prior to reporting the card lost/stolen.
- A $5.00 replacement fee will be charged when a new card is issued.
- When the form is received, the library will suspend library borrowing. You will receive an email notification to this effect
Loan regulations help ensure that all users have fair access to KPU Library's collection. Fines are charged for overdue materials to encourage borrowers to return items on time so others can use them. To avoid fines, and as a courtesy to others, please return library materials on time.
Fines will be charged for overdue material as follows:
- Books and general collection $0.50/day per item.
- Recalled books $2.00/day per item.
- Hourly fines accrue for each hour the material is overdue until it is returned, even the hours the library is closed.
- Fines are not calculated on holidays.
- For fines disputes, please use the Library Borrowing and Fine Dispute Form.
Computer Use in the Library for Visitors
Alumni may use our Express stations located in each library. Please review the Appropriate Use Guidelines for express stations. Ask Library personnel for assistance.
Wireless is available only to currently registered KPU students and employees, or through Eduroam.
Mobile Library Site and Library Apps
Alumni have access to our Mobile Library web site and Library apps. Find out more at Library Apps and Other Mobile Services.
|Tech Campus Library||Langley Campus Library|
|604-598-6043||Service Desk (fines, circulation, holds)||604-599-3204||Service Desk (fines, circulation, holds)|
|604-598-6041||Equipment Counter||604-599-3209||Equipment Counter|
|604-599-2000||KPU Switch Board|
|Richmond Campus Library||Surrey Campus Library|
|604-599-3111||Service Desk (fines, circulation, holds)||604-599-2103||Service Desk (fines, circulation, holds)|
|604-599-3350||Equipment Counter||604-599-2216||Equipment Counter|
|604-599-2000||KPU Switch Board|
If you have any questions about Alumni library services, please contact:
Colleen van de Voort