2017/2018 Application (for classes starting between Aug 1, 2017 and Jul 31, 2018)
- Click here for Part-Time Studies application
- Click here for a Fee Deferral request form (for part-time studies)
Canada Student Grant for part-time students
The Canada Student Grant is available to assist students studying on a part-time basis in an eligible post-secondary level program. Eligibility is determined on the basis of assessed financial need. The CSG-PT has a yearly (August 1 - July 31) funding limit of $1,800 per student. Once the limit has been reached, students have the option of the Part-Time Canada Student Loan.
Part-time Canada Student Loan
If your family income falls below those shown in the middle income table on page 5 of the application, you may receive up to $10,000 as a student loan for part-time students. The maximum outstanding principal for loans for part-time students cannot exceed $10,000.
Canada Student Grant for persons with permanent disabilities
If you have a permanent disability that affects your ability to attend school, you may qualify for a grant of $2,000 per program year.
BC Supplemental Bursary for students with a permanent disability
If you are a BC resident, and have a permanent disability, you may qualify for this program. If you study between 20% and 39% of a full-time course load, your program year maximum is $400. If you study between 40% and 59% of a full-time course load, your program year maximum is $800.
Canada student grant for part-time students with dependants
You may qualify for this program if:
- your income is below those shown in the low income section of Table 1 of the application AND you have dependants that are either 11 years old or younger, or older than 11 and have been claimed as dependants on your income tax (with a CRA approved permanent disability)
- your financial need in this program year exceeds $1,800 of Grant for Part‑time Students, and
- you have at least $4,000 in outstanding loan principal for part-time student loan program (based on previous applications plus the amount of loan assessed for this current application).
Additional information is available from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Labour Market Development online at studentaidbc.ca or at Student Awards and Financial Assistance located on any campus.