The Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Technical Management & Services is an excellent way to supplement your technical background with a strong foundation in business management. This program is designed to provide you with the business skills to move into managerial roles or to even start your own business.
What's My Career Potential?
Did you know that from 2015 to 2024, the provincial government expects there to be over 14,000 job openings in managerial roles in the applied science, info tech, engineering, and trades industries? Organizations have skilled technical workers, but there is a great demand for technical workers that have business management skills. This program will help set you ahead of the pack.
- Recognized undergraduate degree in Science or Technology or a recognized technical/applied science diploma with 5 yrs of related experience (a resume will be required)
- KPU's Undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement
- Part-time & Full-time
- Limited intake
- Start dates:
- Fall – September
- Spring – January
Courses will be provided through our Surrey campus until such time that our new KPU Civic Plaza campus is completed (expected to open in Fall 2018)
This program consists with 11 courses (33 credits) that will be delivered in an in-class, blended (online & in-class) or compressed (6hr class for 6 weeks) format.
- BUSM 5100: Accounting & Financial Management for Managers
- BUSM 5110: Managing Dynamic Teams
- BUSM 5120: Project Management
- BUSM 5130: Quantitative Methods for Business Management
- BUSM 5140: Negotiations & Stakeholder Communications
- TMAS 5100: Business Planning & Performance for Technical Businesses
- TMAS 5110: Managing Technical Business Growth
- TMAS 5120: Business Law for Technical Management & Services
- TMAS 5130: Consulting and Client Management Practices
- TMAS 5140: Sustainable Operations
- TMAS 5150: New Product & Services Development
Attend an upcoming information session for this program:
- September 27, 2017
- October 18, 2017
- November 8, 2017
I can't attend any of these dates, please email me more information.