Attention Students: Instructors use only your myKwantlen email address for course communications. You are responsible for auto forwarding your mail to another address if you choose not to use the myKwantlen system. If you do not forward your mail, you risk missing important information about your course. Click the Email icon in myKwantlen and find Auto Forward on the Options tab.
Course Delivery Options at KPU
Kwantlen offers students a variety of ways to engage with course work. While most of our courses are offered in a traditional classroom or lab setting, some are offered partially or fully online. KPU is not a distance education institution. While some courses and program are offered online, the majority of our courses are offered as on-campus courses. These courses include a variety of flexible delivery options such as face-to-face with regular on campus classes enhanced with an online component and blended or partially online (some face-to-face with online components replacing varying amounts of in-class time).
Rationale for fully online courses and programs:
- Programs that fit with the strategic direction of KPU
- Pilot projects based on strategic initiatives
- Identification of courses that are oversubscribed and alternative delivery would be of benefit
- Courses for programs that are specifically designed as online programs
KPU uses Moodle, an open source learning management system. See About Moodle for additional help and information. Students can access their course websites anywhere there is a reliable Internet connection (DSL, Cable, or Satellite recommended--a dial-up connection is not advised).
- Moodle sites can be requested through the Faculty Menu in Employee Self Service (where you find your classlists, etc.)
- Visit the INSTL web site for upcoming events and workshops