Nurse Ready is designed for nurses who are seeking additional support for the clinical milieu. The focus of Nurse Ready is to enhance psychomotor skills, professional communication, assessment skills, critical thinking, safety and organizational skills. Please note, this course does not replace individual courses with a specific foci. Learners for Nurse Ready are typically returning to the nursing environment after an absence, or currently working and are looking to enhance their competency for a career change and/or need a quick review for other personal reasons. This mixed mode delivery class is a combination of online and small group, lab intensive learning hosted over three consecutive weeks. Learners will be provided a customized learning plan to meet their goals and aspirations with progress reports throughout the course. Learners will be provided N95 fit-testing as part of the course offering. This course will provide learning opportunities not typically accessible in short course format and includes access for additional skills practice. Each week will focus on specific learning topics supplemented with practice demonstration and practice. If interested, please email our office or call 604-599-2232.
Please note: Applicants intending to register for Consolidated Clinical (PNUR 1130) are required to show proof of English proficiency. Please see the Consolidated Clinical website for full details.
This three (3) week condensed course involves self-study and eighteen (18) hours per week for three weeks in a lab setting. The expectation is for learners to access the course website throughout the three weeks. Learners are encouraged to work through course modules and review in advance of each week’s lab. Learners have additional time outside course hours for practice of psychomotor skills. This is a mixed mode course offering online theoretical learning with intensive hands on instructor led psychomotor skills labs. In person sessions are typically Wednesday - Friday 0930-1530 (subject to change i.e. statutory holidays).
Learners must access the course website and successfully complete all online learning modules, participate fully in lab, and execute skills safely.
$1,650 CAD, plus GST
There is no grade for this course. Transcript will identify participation. Learners may repeat course without limitations.
How to Register
Please use the link located on the Faculty of Health, Professional Studies homepage and register via "flexreg". The course to search is PNUR 9030. There are multiple options available as the course is offered monthly, with a few exceptions. The course timeline can also be found on our home page under the heading "Schedules".
Registration deadline is one week prior to start of class.
Current Course Schedule
Textbooks/Equipment List/Course Materials
- Textbooks not required
- Access to a computer/internet. Wi-Fi technology not recommended for quiz/exams. Online course modality may not be fully functional when utilizing iPads &/or android devices.
- Uniform is required. If you need to purchase a uniform and you intend to enroll in future KPU nursing courses it would be strongly recommended to purchase a KPU nursing uniform from the KPU bookstore. However, any uniform will work if you already own a uniform.
- Professional Grade Stethoscope - typical value $100
- Nursing Shoes - please review the "Professional Image Policy" prior to purchasing new footwear.
- Some students may be strongly recommended to purchase additional resources from Elsevier, please contact our office for further information
Please contact our Program Assistant at 604.599.2232 or email