The Office of Institutional Analysis and Planning (IAP) collects, prepares, and distributes comprehensive and authoritative information about KPU's internal and external environment; and translates data into analyses and interpretations to inform strategic planning, institutional program and service evaluation, and policy development.
On this site you will find information about KPU's students, employees and region; this information comes from KPU's information systems, from surveys, and from data gathered by other agencies. Other reports address specific issues affecting an aspect of KPU's operations or planning. Links to other sites with relevant information are also provided.
If you don't find the information you're looking for, please contact us.
IAP contributes to KPU’s success by providing accurate, timely, relevant, and comprehensive information that supports decision making, policy formulation and strategic planning.
IAP collects, analyzes, prepares and disseminates comprehensive, current, and authoritative data and information about KPU’s internal and external environment to provide strategic information related to the institution’s mission, goals and priorities. IAP translates data into analytical reports that inform operations, planning, quality assurance initiatives and policy development throughout the university. IAP is the officially sanctioned source of data for external bodies seeking information about the university.
Scope of Services:
- Compile, analyze and translate data into timely and relevant information to support KPU’s strategic planning, policy development and decision making
- Conduct ad hoc and regular data collection and analyses to serve KPU’s institutional mandate, goals, and priorities
- Collect, analyze and disseminate information on emerging external trends and issues that could affect KPU
- Support KPU’s program and service evaluation and program proposal processes
- Manage data and accountability submissions to the BC Ministry responsible for KPU and to other external bodies as required
- Provide methodological assistance to groups or individuals conducting research about KPU students or operations
- Collaborate with other postsecondary institutions and organizations in BC and other parts of Canada to develop comprehensive and coherent information about the higher education sector
- Design and develop information systems, processes and reports needed to provide accessible analytic, statistical information required by the university
Data Reports and Information available on this Site
On this site you will find information about KPU’s students, employees and region. This information comes from KPU’s information systems, from surveys, and from data gathered by other agencies. Special reports address specific issues affecting KPU specifically or postsecondary education more broadly. Links to other sites with relevant information are also provided.
The data reports published on this site are designed to answer commonly asked questions about KPU’s students, and employees, and region. If you do not find the information you are looking for, please contact us. If you need specialized data collection or analysis, please go to Data and Research Requests.