The purpose of these awards is to recognize KPU Alumni who have enhanced the reputation of the university through their outstanding career, public service, community service, athletic, arts and culture, or academic achievements.
Award Categories: Kwantlen Polytechnic University alumni, students, employees, faculty, and members of the community are invited to nominate candidates for the Distinguished Alumni Awards. Nominees must be former Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Kwantlen University College or Kwantlen College students from any of our programs. These alumni will have demonstrated excellence in one of the following areas:
- Professional, business or industry –in professional or career endeavours. These achievements include, but are not limited to fields of business, social services, sciences, or the professions.
- Arts and culture –in the fine, performing or applied arts.
- Athletics –accomplishments in and/or service toward professional or amateur sport.
- Public service –in the field of public administration and policy development or service in elected or appointed positions at local, provincial, national or international levels.
- Community Service –service and/or contributions to the welfare and advancement of local, national or international communities.
- Academics – to in the field of education, including research, teaching, program development and/or educational administration.
Awards in each category will not be granted every year. The KPU Alumni Association’s Task Force Committee will qualify the number of the recipients for the awards in 2014. For additional details about the awards criteria, please review the first page of the application form.
The 2014 deadline for applications is Friday, September 5.
Distinguished Alumni Awards Nomination Package 2014_web.pdf