Requests for information are either Routine Requests or Formal Requests
A routine request pertains to:
- Public Information
- Personal Information about the requestor (from single Department)
Routine requests can be handled directly by contacting the originating department.
A formal request pertains to:
- Non-public information
- Personal Information about the requestor (from multiple Departments)
- Information about third parties
The following outlines the formal request process:
1. All formal requests must be submitted in writing to:
Mail: Manager, Information Access and Privacy Kwantlen Polytechnic University 12666 72nd Avenue Surrey, BC V3W 2M8
2. Describe the records you want in as much detail as possible and limit your request to only the records you need. The more general or complex your request is the longer it will take to process and the greater the fees that may apply.