Advancement Aid (formerly Event Sponsorship)
Terms of Reference
The purpose of the Advancement Aid application process is to streamline all requests and centralize event sponsorship efforts across the institution. The process provides all Faculties and Departments an equal opportunity to obtain sponsorship support. Additionally, the process enables the Office of Advancement to properly allocate resources based on what has been committed to for the following year. Similarly, sponsors often create their sponsorship budget a year in advance; therefore, presenting an annual event sponsorship plan allows potential sponsors to consider KPU in their annual sponsorship budget.
The primary call for applications will be on May 1 of each year, with a secondary call October 1 of each year. Applicants will be notified within four weeks of the submission deadline.
It is strongly suggested to apply for sponsorship support in the primary call for applications as there will be more opportunity to obtain sponsorship for your event due to the extended period of time, if your event is selected.
Funding is available for groups only and requirements are as follows:
- Consideration given to activities that increase the profile of KPU and level of exposure for sponsors.
- Support committed on a one year basis and multi-year support not available.
- Advancement Aid application is open to all Faculties and Non-Faculty Departments but is not available for student-led events.
- Sign off on the application is required by your Dean/Department head. This sign off is declaration that the Dean/Department head approves and endorsing the event/project.
- Applicants must take ownership for the sponsor experience. This means that the applicant must is responsible for full accountability and commitment to sponsors on providing the greatest exposure and return on investment.
Events selected will encompass the following factors. Events that:
- Support the vision and commitments of the University.
- Have been annual events or that have the intention of becoming an annual event.
- Engage the KPU community (external and internal)
- Are unique to KPU
- Have marketability and strong sponsor appeal.
- Have stability, strength and a strategic plan.
- Have full support and commitment of the Faculty/Non-Faculty Departments
Multiple applications submitted under the approval of one Dean/Department head will require ranking from said individual.
The Office of Advancement team will review the Advancement Aid applications and will determine the events that best align with the vision of the institution and have the greatest sponsorship appeal.
The Office of Advancement will categorize your event in one of 3 groups:
Approval: Category 1 (Active Fundraising) – Your event has been approved as one of the key priority events for the year. The Office of Advancement will create sponsorship materials, develop a list of prospects and solicit sponsorships. The Office of Advancement will be responsible for all sponsorship related matters. Past Category One events have been KPU’s annual Fashion Show, KPU’s 30th Anniversary Gala and KPU Foundation’s annual Golf Tournament.
Approval: Category Two (Coaching) – Your event has been approved to proceed under the KPU brand. The Office of Advancement will play an advisory role in your sponsorship efforts but will not be actively soliciting sponsorship. It is required that the Office of Advancement clear all prospect lists and approve of all sponsorship materials prior to solicitation. The Office of Advancement is keen on providing your team with insight and expertise on the process of successful sponsorship solicitation through an exclusive sponsorship workshop.
Decline –Your event has not been approved to move forward in soliciting for sponsorship. The Office of Advancement has concerns and questions around your event and will communicate such concerns with you.