Stay tuned for the 8th Edition Panelist/ Guest Employers list!
The Industry Insider Series are informative networking opportunities where our students can meet, listen to, and converse with local employers. Participate to learn about a specific industry, what they do, or what an employer is looking for when hiring. Make informed career decisions and prepare effectively for your future professional growth. This event is for KPU Melville School of Business 3rd and 4th Year, Post Baccalaureate and Graduate students.
Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Time: 11am - 12:30pm, Pacific Time
Location: Online, via Zoom (please note that Zoom servers are not located in Canada)
Event attendees will be entered into a Contest to win a 15-minute Informational Interview with one of our panelists. Contest Rules can be found here.
RSVP required: The Zoom link will be in your confirmation email.
Guest Employers/ Panelists at our Previous Editions
Sept 22, 2021 - Guest Employers/ Panelists at our 7th edition of the Industry Insider Series:
- Miro Armeen, Director of Human Resources at Century Group
- Giuliana Loza, Recruitment Business Partner at Dillon Consulting
- Amit Kumar, Director of Administration, Finance, and Business Enhancement at Sqéwqel Development Corporation, Seabird Island Band
- Lee Fisher, Branch Operations Manager at ICONIX Waterworks
- Joanna Cruciat, Marketing Operations Manager at Oceanfood Sales
May 19, 2021 - Guest Employers/ Panelists at our 6th edition of the Industry Insider Series:
- Brenda McLaren, HR Director at Sunrise Soya Foods
- Amanda Fox, Director of Talent at Aspect Biosystems
- Adam Jaffer, Risk Manager at Amazon
- Mohammad Kallas, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at CIBC
- Robert Thomson, Western Regional Manager at Argentus Supply Chain Recruiting
Jan 19, 2021 - Guest Employers/ Panelists at our 5th edition of the Industry Insider Series:
- Jessica Langelaan, Vice President of Nonprofit Solutions at Traction on Demand
- Kathryn Landrigan, Chief Strategy Officer at Ancient Nutrition
- Gabby Gill, CPA, MPAcc, Corporate Finance Analyst at Corix Group of Companies
- Vera Hummerston, Director of Supply Chain at FLIR Systems
- Luis Straatmann, CPHR, HR Manager at Western Canoe and Kayak
Sept 15, 2020 - Guest Employers/ Panelists at our 4th edition of the Industry Insider Series:
- Alim Sunderji, Director, Common and Technical Services at Fraser Health
- Lorne Blouin, Fulfillment Centre Manager at Staples
- Raluca Vetrici, HR Generalist at GEOTAB
- Brenna Denexter, HR Coordinator at Great Little Box Company
- Vanessa Huynh, CPHR, HR Generalist at VersaCold Logistics Services
If you are a Post Baccalaureate or Graduate student and have questions about how to come prepared to this event, book a phone appointment with a Student Success Coach at Advisor Connect. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.