2017 KPU Summer Bursary
Application Period: April 13, 2017 - May 31, 2017
Eligible bursary recipients will be notified and mailed a cheque by mid-July. Non-recipients will also be notified.
KPU has established a bursary for full-time students undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. The KPU bursary program is funded by a mix of university and donor funding each term. Bursary amounts are determined by student financial need, the number of eligible applicants, a student’s program of study, and other factors. Each term, students may submit an online application to be considered for bursary assistance.
In order to apply for the KPU Summer Bursary Program, students must:
- Be attending full-time (min. 9 undergraduate credits at 1100 course level or higher) in the summer semester (or 6 credits for students with a permanent disability who have been approved through Student Aid BC to study at a reduced course load). Trades and vocational students studying on a full-time basis are also eligible to apply.
- Have a minimum CGPA 2.0 at KPU.
- Complete the Budget Worksheet portion of the online application to show financial need.
Eligible bursary recipients will be notified and mailed a cheque by mid-June. Non-recipients will also be notified.
Please note: International students are not eligible for bursaries or other awards whose criteria include financial need.
This application is for bursary only. No supporting documentation is required for this application.
Please read the information below carefully before proceeding to the online application:
The application for the KPU Summer Bursary Program is located by logging into the KPU Online Self-Service (OSS) portal using your KPU User I.D. (Student Number) and your PIN.
After logging-in, please follow these steps:
- Click on the Online Self-Service tab and “Student Menu”
- Click on “Student Awards and Financial Assistance”
- Click on “Award Application”.
- Ensuring that the Application Type you have selected is Summer Term 2017 – KPU Summer Bursary Program, click “Apply” and begin completing the application.
- Although the application does not require a student statement or any supporting documentation, the online Budget Worksheet portion of the application must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Important – ensure you agree to the terms & conditions on the Personal Declaration page in order for your application to be submitted successfully