Advice: How did they do it?
...or how did they wish they'd started out:
This is what I would do if I could start over:
- Choose my courses more wisely. I would have researched better what courses I should take to that count towards my AA psych.
- Go to as many program info sessions as I could.
- Keep on my readings, when I fell behind it was harder to catch up. Also, meet people and study with them.
- Talk to a counsellor earlier and attempt more workshops.
- Do my absolute best in every class even if I didn't enjoy it.
- Definitely concentrate more on the class lectures; it narrows down the amount of work to be covered in the text book.
- Make a semester schedule, study constructively, do all assignments on time, prepare well for all exams in advance.
- I wouldn't take 5 courses at once.
- Study daily and don't leave things till the end.
- Seek the assistance of instructors whenever I had a question or difficulty understanding any material or concepts as much as possible, because they can really help.
- Visit the Learning Centre for help; never hesitate to ask for help. Use all the resources available around the campus.
- Increase my overall English skills. Consider the English 1099 course, and purchase a good writing skills text such as Lynn Troyka's Handbook for Writers.