KPU Counselling provides confidential services to students on a range of issues, such as:
- Adjustment to post-secondary studies
- Anxiety, depression, and grief
- Stress management
- Relationships and family
- Referrals from Early Alert
KPU counsellors are also here to assist students in crisis and make referrals for specialized help.
Crisis and After-hours Counselling
KPU Counselling Services takes the protection of your privacy seriously. All information discussed during counselling sessions is considered private. We will not release information to anyone, including family and faculty, without your consent, with the following exceptions:
- Counsellors are required by law to report instances of clear and imminent danger to self and/or others and instances of current child abuse
- Counselling records may be subpoenaed by a court of law
- Counsellors may consult with colleagues to ensure you are provided the best care possible
If you have further questions or concerns about confidentiality, please ask your counsellor.